Style > Fashion

Popular Styles That Keep Catching My Eye on Campus

Every single day new people, new styles and new trends catch my eye on campus. Even with such diverse ideals, and tastes because of such a large number of students, there are many reoccurring accessories and styles I see when getting to class. A majority of these trends are rooted from TikTok trends that escalate rapidly. What is cool about these popular trends is that even in an area that is so diverse these specific items bring people together. They create small unknown communities around campus. Whenever I am heading to class and notice I have the same item as someone it creates this small interaction whether it is a smile or a glance with a stranger. These small moments spark joy within two strangers who have never met as they share a product in common that brings happiness to their personal life. You are either a part of the community or on the fence about some of these, but I promise you they are worth the investment.

Headphones

@love.me.sage

the sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are already one of my best purchases this year! 💓 #sony #wh1000xm4 #sonyheadphones #headphones #unboxing #aesthetic #bestheadphones

♬ tell me rap – rv 🍰

It used to be all about Apple’s AirPods or any small in-ear earphones. Over the last few months, I have seen more and more students rocking a variety of headphones. The most popular ones I have seen are AirPod Maxes or Sony headphones. I fell into the trap and have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones, and they are life-changing. I fully understand why so many people use headphones because their varied use makes it worth it. Need a moment to yourself on campus? Put your headphones on. People will rarely come up to you if you are wearing noise-canceling headphones. Want to feel empowered on campus? Blast your favorite song in your headphones, and it will make your day a million times better. Even if you want to finish up an assignment quickly in a noisy area such as the Student Union, place your headphones on and you won’t hear those around you. I think headphones quickly became a staple for many on campus.

Tote bags

Tote bags are the new backpack. In my opinion, it is always style over comfort, they are worth the shoulder pain at the end of the day. Tote bags are such a good way to express yourself, whether it is a cute design that demonstrates your style or a Harry Styles tote bag. A tote bag is a small accessory that says a lot about you to the people around you. I have seen all types of people use tote bags around campus, they are becoming just as normalized as wearing a book bag to school. Most of the time, I use a Love on Tour tote bag and I have seen so many other FSU students match with me. Small similarities like these have caused me to spark small talk with a stranger I would have never spoken to otherwise. Even with how convenient book bags are, I know I’ll continue to spot tote bags around campus.

Uggs

If it is not raining you will spot so many students with Uggs on their feet. Uggs have caused outside slippers to become an everyday shoe. The chestnut Tasman Slippers with the white ankle sock poking out might be one of my favorite styles seen around campus. For days that it is not rainy, these are the perfect winter-to-spring transitional shoe. I have seen them paired with jeans, leggings and sweatpants, and they are always a look. I am more of a Birkenstock Bostons girl which are also very popular around campus. Uggs just make everyone look so cozy, and I am jealous. Even though I predict these will not be seen for that much longer as it gets warmer, I know they’ll be stepping around campus next fall.

Matching Sets

@itisnare

@losangelesapparel never found the perfect fitting sweats til now #outfitinspo

♬ these videos are adorable – 🪶starling

Matching sets make everyone on campus look so put together, even though they just ran out of bed late to class. Whether they are sweat sets or workout sets they are such easy outfits that every college girl needs for those days when jeans are not the move. Many of the workout sets I have seen are either Set Active or Amazon sets which are known to be very good quality and budget-friendly. Sweat sets are either a matching crewneck with sweatpants or loose knitted pants with a matching top, places like Target or Aerie sell many of these. These sets are something I see on a daily basis and always catch my eye because they look so comfortable yet stylish. Matching sets are a style that truly should never end. They are so convenient and should be a staple in everyone’s closet.

All these styles and accessories are so common at FSU and probably many other college campuses. Trends and styles always come and go, it is very interesting to observe throughout the semester the shifts in popular items on campus. I know no one can deny these are items constantly in their eyesight while heading to class or while hanging out in popular areas around Florida State.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey! I am Sophia I was born in Miami but Colombian at heart. I love the world of social media and fashion. I've been a YouTube girl since 2010 so O.G British YouTubers and One Direction are my thing. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!