Life > Experiences

How To Make the Most Out of Galentine’s Day in Tallahassee

Whether you are single, in a happy relationship, or somewhere complicated in between, everybody’s favorite part about February is finally here: Galentine’s Day! No matter your relationship status, it is imperative that every girl takes time with her girls this year to show all of them how much you love them and that above all, hoes will always come before bros. Tallahassee has an immense number of hidden gems and activities that will make your Galentine’s Day extraordinary and here are just a few of them! 

1. Picnic in the park!

Many Florida State students have no idea that just beyond the walls of our beautiful campus, Tallahassee has an endless amount of gorgeous parks and nature trails. A few of them include Cascades Park, Tom Brown Park, Lake Ella and Pedrick Pond. These are all stunning parks with beautiful lakes and ponds, an array of wildlife and an escape from the everyday FSU lifestyle which so often can get suffocating. Take your group of girls here with a cute blanket, flowers, food and whatever else you need to have a photo-worthy picnic! Altogether you’ll have an amazing day with your friends and maybe even some cute Instagram pictures to show from it! 

2. Roof-top date!

So many people don’t realize just how beautiful Tallahassee is. Not only does it include the beautiful and traditional Florida State campus, but it also houses an enriching and exciting city, the Florida capital and an abundance of nature. One way to see all this at once is by visiting one of the many rooftop bars and restaurants downtown! Two popular destinations include Eve on Adams and Charlie Park. Go to these stunning restaurants with your girls to have breakfast and sip on coffee accompanied by an incredible view that you cannot get anywhere else in Tallahassee! 

3. Head to the farmers’ Market!

I personally stand by the claim that the best way to spend your Saturday or Sunday morning is to head to your local farmers’ market and submerge yourself in an array of local vendors, delicious pastries, beautiful bouquets of flowers for your Galentines and crowds of other people embracing this bit of local culture! Tallahassee has three main farmers’ markets that you and your friends must go check out immediately. Close to campus, there is the Downtown Market right in the center of McCarty Park and the Midtown Farmers’ Market in the midst of Lake Ella Park. If you are willing to make the drive and have the desire to get away from campus for a bit, head down to the Tallahassee Farmers’ Market off of Thomasville Road. Whichever market you and your friends decide to visit, I guarantee you will have an incredible time and will discover a new weekly tradition!

4. Coffee at the Tally Cat Cafe!

Nothing in the world can beat sipping on a delicious cup of coffee, gossiping with your friends and snuggling adorable cats. At the Tally Cat Cafe, you are able to do all three at the same time! Make reservations with your friends to head into the cat lounge to have an extremely relaxing and stress-reducing hour petting cats and spending some much-needed time with all of your closest girlfriends. 

No matter what your relationship status is this year, I demand every woman to devote a morning, afternoon or night to their girlfriends in order to celebrate Galentine’s Day the way it is supposed to be celebrated. These are only a few of the many hidden gems that Tallahassee has to offer you on your quest to demote Valentine’s Day to the second-best day of the year!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

My name is Morgan Chapman and I am a second year political science and criminology major hoping to attend law school. I have always had a huge passion for writing and journalism and I cannot wait to pursue that passion within Her Campus!