florida state football field
florida state football field
Original photo by Lauren Sparling

FSU-Inspired Treats for Game Days

I love a good theme, and when it comes to football games, having drinks and snacks is such a good addition. With FSU’s football season slowly coming to an end, I wanted to introduce some new and festive drink and snack ideas inspired by the school. Whether it be a girl’s night in or even a party, these colorful garnet and gold treats are sure to spice up game days and be accompanied by many “oohs” and “ahhs!”

“Fear the Spear” Skewer Sticks

We all know that Osceola and Renegade, FSU’s mascots, are always accompanied by their trusty spear, which is a huge part of FSU football games. This first treat is based on the “fear of the spear,” with many different combinations that can be made. The idea is a skewer stick filled with different items such as watermelon and pineapple to showcase our school colors. Another version of the stick can be savory, filled with tomatoes and mozzarella. There are so many other pairings because this treat is so versatile, and it’s truly up to your imagination!

Meat, Cheese, and Cracker Stacks

The second treat is a handheld masterpiece: a classic meat, cheese, and cracker stack. It can be any cracker topped with salami and cheddar, for example. This can be tied into the FSU theme as aspects of the snack can represent the school’s colors. Salami could represent garnet and cheddar could represent gold. It’s really up to your creative freedom or preference (like mentioned above with the skewers)! It’s very simple and easy.

Sweet Treats: Cake Pops, Cookies, and Cupcakes

Third is sweet treats! FSU-style cake pops are super fun to make and eat. First, combine frosting and crumbled cake, then form a ball of them around a skewer or stick. Next, dip the ball into red or gold food coloring or frosting and let it harden. Just like that, you have cute, one-bite cake pops that show off your school spirit.

If you’re feeling artistic, cookie or cupcake decorating is so fun. It’s more challenging than baking other sweet treats, but super rewarding because the outcome can be as detailed as you want. You can start by purchasing undecorated sugar cookies or vanilla cupcakes and pipettes and frosting. Simply decorate the cookies or cupcakes with cute designs or, if you’re feeling spiffy, FSU lingo!

Mocktails

Beyond snacks, there must be drinks. This is where the fourth treat, “mocktails,” comes into play. There are so many drinks that have our school colors in them, so why not combine the two? For example, you can make a tequila sunrise “mocktail” that combines both orange and red. This recipe calls for five simple ingredients: orange juice, peach juice, grenadine, ice, and lemon soda. Simply add (in this order) the ice, orange juice, peach juice, and lemon soda into a tall glass. Then, add the grenadine and you have your very own FSU-inspired drink! Be sure to top it with oranges or cherries for an Instagram-worthy post.

As you might be able to tell, many of these snack and drink ideas are classics. They are sure to be crowd-pleasers as they all have beautiful garnet and gold colors and come in a variety of different flavors and combinations. I love tweaking treats a bit so they have colors that represent FSU. I hope you try these out with your friends while cheering on the Noles at your next get-together!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hey guys! My name is Lauren and I am a Junior here at FSU. I am on the Pre-Med track but love to write in my free time! I write on a plethora of topics so stay tuned. :) I hope you enjoy my articles with wishes they bring a little joy into your day! Happy reading, stay kind! <3