Life > Experiences

Fall Events To Do in Tallahassee To Get You in the Holiday Spirit

As a student here at FSU, it can be difficult to navigate life outside of the college campus. Tallahassee has some great hidden treasures to offer that we tend to overlook. Since it’s a relatively small city, you may think there aren’t a lot of popular attractions for the fall season, but not all events have to be as grand as other Florida cities. Sometimes, it’s the small, classic things that liven up the Tallahassee community in the fall. Here are some of my favorite small-town activities!

Pumpkin Patches

Going to a pumpkin patch is a classic fall event that everybody loves. There are multiple pumpkin patches around the Tallahassee area. All of them not only bring pumpkins but also a plethora of activities to participate in. Christ Presbyterian Church, located at 2317 Bannerman Road, is open all of October, giving you plenty of time to pick your perfect pumpkin. Springhill Tree Farm is another essential for pumpkin picking. Though it’s not technically based in Tallahassee, it’s a quick road trip up into Bainbridge, GA. 

North Florida fair

The North Florida Fair brings a lively environment in the Fall with different rides, new and unique treats, and more! It’s a more interactive experience that brings out your inner child while you enjoy tasty fair food. The Ferris Wheel is the go-to where you can see the best Tallahassee views. To get the firsthand experience, it will open Nov. 2 through Nov. 12 at 441 Paul Russell Road.

terror of Tallahassee

To get into the spookier events that happen in the fall, an absolute must is attending the Terror of Tallahassee haunted house. It’s an annual attraction that opens in October. This haunted house is intense and intimate, and it leaves participants in shock and fright. The frightening and creative characters and monsters they showcase are a product of the hard work they put in. To get a dose of the tricks they have in store, make sure to visit them at 1408 Lake Bradford Road.

Corn maze

The corn maze is an exciting way to not only try out your problem-solving and critical thinking skills but also to have fun and bond with friends. At Aunt Louise Farm, located at 8101 Waukeenah Hwy, you can navigate the corn maze, ride on a barrel train, and visit goats, chickens, and rabbits. This is a super fun and simple activity that makes you feel like you’re in a classic fall movie. 

FSU flying high circus Halloween shows

FSU’s very own Flying High Circus showcases a Halloween-themed performance for students and guests who are interested in seeing the shows. It is a spooky but family-friendly production that includes zombies, skeletons, and more. This is an awesome way to not only support FSU students but also get entertainment while doing so. To see this in action, go to Haskin Circus Complex, Chieftan Way, and W. Pensacola St. on Oct. 19-20 and Oct. 27-28 at 7 p.m.

These are just a few memorable places that made my time in Tallahassee amusing. Before parting ways with Tallahassee, make sure to give at least one of these spots a visit to complete your fall experience. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Heyy guys I'm a sophomore majoring in English: Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in humanities and information, communication, technology! :)