Everything You Need To Know About FSU’s Spring Sport Season

Spring sports are officially in swing at Florida State University (FSU) and there isn’t a better time to go out and show your school spirit. The FSU softball team is celebrating 40 seasons of play and everyone is eager to see how well our team is going to do this season. Link Jarett is FSU’s new head baseball coach and Tallahassee has very high expectations for him and where he is going to take the program. FSU men’s and women’s tennis teams are off to strong starts this season, and the women’s beach volleyball team is looking for back-to-back trips to the NCAA Beach Volleyball National Championship. There is so much to look forward to this spring, so let me break it down for you.

Let’s Cause a Racket

With major sports like softball and baseball taking place in the same season, it can be easy for the student body and fans alike to overlook the FSU tennis teams. Exhibitions and a few tournaments were played in the fall of 2022, but both teams began their full schedules in January and have been playing since. Women’s tennis has an impressive 5-1 record while being undefeated at home. Men’s tennis has an equally impressive 5-2 record while also being undefeated at home.

You can find the women’s tennis schedule here and the men’s schedule here.

Team 40 Redemption Arc

FSU softball had a disappointing exit from last year’s postseason tournament and are looking to redeem themselves this season. The team celebrated its fan day on Feb. 4 as they played their annual pre-season Garnet vs. Gold exhibition. The game was packed to the brim with fans and you should expect that trend to continue throughout the season. This team isn’t one you want to miss, with stars like Kathryn Sandercock, Kaley Mudge and Michaela Edenfield ready to prove themselves and the team worthy of competing for another national title. FSU softball played the first six games of the season at home between Feb. 9 and Feb. 14.

You can find the full softball schedule here.

High Hopes for Jarrett

Link Jarrett took over as head coach for Seminole Baseball only a few weeks after leading his former team, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, to the College World Series in June 2022. This hire came as a shock to many, but Jarrett’s new role has Seminole fans excited for the future of the baseball program. Jarrett, a former FSU baseball player and graduate, was 2021 ACC Coach of the Year and held the second-greatest win percentage in the country at Notre Dame, 86-32 (.729). This hire combined with the young talent in the baseball program has fans hopeful Jarrett can create results for FSU like he did at Notre Dame. FSU baseball is set to open the season at home on Feb. 17 at 5 p.m. against James Madison.

You can find the full baseball schedule here.

It’s Time to Get Sandy

FSU’s women’s beach volleyball team is ready to get back in action after making it to last season’s National Championship. Another exceptional postseason run is expected from these ladies. They play their annual Garnet and Gold match on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 4:30 p.m. and will kick off their regular season beginning on Feb. 25 with a stretch of home games. Don’t miss out on supporting women’s sports!  

You can find the full beach volleyball schedule here.

Mike Got Us

Fresh off a new contract extension, Coach Mike Norvell will lead his team onto the field this April 15 at 4 p.m. for their annual Garnet and Gold Showcase, more commonly known as the spring game. With nearly every starter from last season returning, including Heisman-favorite quarterback Jordan Travis, the Noles are sure to put on a show. You won’t want to miss this.

What games are you most looking forward to this spring?

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

a senior at Florida State University majoring in Sport Management. she loves watching movies, listening to music, and binge-watching theme park vlogs. on Sunday mornings, you can find her watching the latest Formula 1 race.