On Campus Dining is Expanding

The construction is over, the wait is finished, its grand opening time! The brand new Honors, Scholars and Fellows House that Florida State University has been working on since the summer is finally open and ready for business. On September 27th the area that was once known for inconvenience and roadblock was swarmed with students trying to get a bite to eat in the new Chick-fil-A.

The grand opening was a great success, students started lining up around 10 to be the first one to place their order and enjoy the festivities. There was music, prizes and of course the infamous Chick-fil-A cow taking pleasure in the activities. There were also rumors of free Chick-fil-A, which would get any student hyped. Facing Landis Green in the heart of campus, near Strozier Library and of course the plurality of residence halls, there is no better location for this new student center with a plurality of dining options.

One of these new dining options that I mentioned earlier is Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A made its debut on campus mostly because of its great popularity among many college students. The yummy waffle fries and the delicious range of meals took over campus on that Friday afternoon of its opening. Students were enjoying the weather and of course the convenience of this brand new fast food delicacy. There are currently three Chick-fil-A restaurants in Tallahassee, but none with such expediency! Be sure to check out their homemade lemonade (a personal favorite).

And I know all of you college woman on a health streak and keeping away from the fresh food track, there are options for you too! Rising Roll is very similar to Panera Bread and not only is delicious but it is inexpensive! Its options range from Vegetarian Pasta, Baked Asparagus Casserole, Caesar Salad, and my favorite Homemade Mac and Cheese! There is so much to choose from, you can never go hungry!

There also is the POD Market if you’re looking to keep a fit lifestyle! The POD Market is termed as technically fast food—healthy style! It is described as modern market where students can find healthy dining options easily. They feature grab and go options, and offer options for breakfast, lunch and dinner! You can find sushi, salads, wraps, burritos, coffee (yes we know that is a necessity) and so much more and it’s all on the go! So now there is really no excuse for the freshman fifteen!

Already offering Starbucks and Subway, we were certain Florida State’s dining options were complete. Collegiates, we were proven wrong. No matter where you are on campus, you can always locate something to munch on. There are so many options for us to enjoy here, from unhealthy when you’re having one of those rough days after an extremely difficult test, and super healthy when you’re planning for an afternoon at the gym! FSU cash and Flexbucks are accepted here as well. With that being said, I hope you find your new favorite place to eat, Collegiates! 

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!