Campus Cutie: Alexa Carbone

Alexa on her mission trip with Med Life to Ecuador

Name: Alexa Carbone

Year: Junior

Major: Exercise Science, minor in Chemistry

Hometown: Tampa, FL

Involvement: Chi Omega, Med Life, Relay for Life, Volunteer at the Rehab Center

Her Campus (HC): So tell me a little more about volunteering at the Rehab Center.

Alexa Carbone (AC): Well, I started this past summer and I go every Tuesday to work in their paper bead making class.  I go to the different resident’s rooms and invite them to come.  It really helps keep their mind off of their rehabilitation process. Usually they are in rehab for surgeries or car accidents.

HC: That’s awesome, what made you want to get into that?

AC: Well I want to be a physical therapist so I thought that would be a good way to get involved in a rehabilitation center, even if it’s not doing hands on rehab just yet.

HC: What is your current music obsession?

AC: I would say Hozier, just because he has an indie/alternative vibe. It’s something that everyone could like. (Take Me To Church, by Hozier)

HC: Favorite kind of milk?

AC: Chocolate, preferably Horizon Organic.

HC: Wow you’re really serious about your chocolate milk.  Do you have any weird food combinations that you like?

AC: I like pickles in my cottage cheese…

HC: It’s raining outside, what’s the first thing you want to do?

AC: Watch a movie.  Probably a Disney movie

HC: If you could read anyone’s mind, whose would you want to read?

AC: My dog, Chloe.  I feel like she sees a lot of random things, I just want to chat with her.  I want to see what she thinks about my family.

HC: Favorite article of clothing?

AC: Super fuzzy socks because my toes are always cold

HC: Favorite part about game day?

AC: Probably tailgating with my friends and seeing how much school pride everyone has.  The whole campus shuts down, it’s really cool.

HC: Do you think we are going to make it to the championships?

AC: I think that we will definitely make it to the playoffs.

HC: If you could give one piece of advice to someone coming to FSU what would it be?

AC: Get as involved as possible—you don’t realize how fast college goes by. It’s a good way to meet people and find something that you really love. It might even make connections for you in the future, you never know!

Her Campus at Florida State University.