College Decisions: Why I Chose To Go To FSU

My fatal flaw is that I am incredibly indecisive. As a high school senior, I had no idea where I wanted to go to college and left my college decision until the very last minute. However, as soon as I ended my tour at Florida State University, I knew this is where I was meant to be. Attending FSU has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and I am here to convince you to do the same. I present to you my reasons I picked the lovely city of Tallahassee.

School Spirit

Call me biased as a student, but the Seminole spirit is unmatched. On a football game day, you can witness masses of students wearing garnet and gold and chanting the “FSU War Chant” for miles. No matter where you go on campus, you’ll see students wearing Seminole gear and showing their pride for their school. It truly feels like a community and family here, and there’s no other team I’d rather support than the Florida State Seminoles at Doak Campbell Stadium. Not to mention, our football team killed it this past year with a record of 10-3!

The Atmosphere

When I toured FSU’s campus I was blown away by the architecture of the academic buildings as well as the beautiful trees and well-kept green landscape. Since Tallahassee is located in northern Florida, the weather is beautiful throughout the year, and it is common to see students soaking up Vitamin D on Landis Green every day of the week. Personally, I love hammocking in between classes if I get the chance.

Student Organizations

With about 700 student organizations on campus, there’s something for everyone at FSU. There are countless academic organizations, intramural sports teams, an abundant Greek Life and even a student lead circus! I knew I wanted to be involved in college, and the relationships I’ve made from joining various organizations that foster my passions have been extremely rewarding.

Social Scene 

Tallahassee may not be as big as some other college towns, but there is no lack of social scene. There is a wide variety of restaurants, 18+ clubs, live music events and more. I am a huge concert lover and an organization at FSU known as Club Downunder puts on live music events. In the past, they’ve hosted Dayglow, Coin and Vista Kicks to name a few. These concerts are also FREE for students with their FSU ID.

Academic Reputation

According to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges, FSU has distinguished itself as a Top 20 national public university. FSU also offers 103 baccalaureate degrees, 107 master’s degrees and 63 doctoral degrees. These degree options range anywhere from biochemistry to motion picture arts, entrepreneurship, dance, criminology, engineering, medicine and many more! This makes FSU a diverse university when it comes to academics. In addition to strong academic programs, FSU also offers unique opportunities for hands-on learning experiences like internships and various study abroad programs which are both enticing to students.

Overall, I am extremely proud to be a Seminole and would highly recommend Florida State University to anyone looking for a top-notch education paired with an amazing college experience!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Lexi is a third-year student at FSU majoring in public relations. She enjoys spending time with friends, coffee, concerts, reading, and the beach.