Style > Fashion

Recreate These Posh & Becks Y2K Fits With Your Boo This Halloween

Ever since Beckham came out on Netflix, I’ve been obsessed with reminiscing about Posh and Becks’ (AKA Victoria and David Beckham’s) style from the early 2000s. From coordinated outfits to bedazzled designs, their wardrobe was bursting at the seams with variations of designer, punk, and Y2K fashion.

If you’re still struggling to find Halloween costume ideas for you and your significant other, or even your bestie, I’ve got you covered.

GOTHIC ENGAGEMENTS

Faux fur, monochrome, and bling complete this coordinated outfit from the pair upon announcing their engagement. The fresh-faced Beckhams stunned with their effortless grace and charm as they prepared to become newlyweds, but first, parents.

For this look, you and your counterpart will need coats: one frivolous, excessive, and furry, the other cotton and sophisticated. Turtlenecks are a must, though bottoms can be more varied. Opting for a dress like Victoria’s is also an option. Diamonds, crosses, and rings are non-negotiable, especially if you want to catch eyes like they did in the ’90s.

INDUSTRIAL DENIM

Hands down one of my favorite looks from the pair, this choice by the couple emphasizes the popularity of baggy jeans in the early 2000s, as well as the prominent fixture of the studded cross they both wear. While Victoria sports a denim-on-denim look, the coordination of the outfit could become even more striking with the implementation of a cream or brown jacket as David exhibits.

With this in mind, denim jeans, white V-neck shirts, cream or brown jackets, as well as aviator sunglasses and mahogany belts are crucial to recreate this iconic look.

SUMMERTIME IN THE CITY

Once again, the couple is dressed in monochrome, this time in a color of their own choice. This is one of the more recognizable outfits that the Beckhams have coordinated over the decades. The star of this look has got to be David’s army green parachute pants. This is one of the more accessible outfit recreations seeing as these pants have made a comeback from the ’90s and can be found at mall retail stores. While both of them are sporting rather basic tank tops and unicolor bottoms, dressing up these outfits is doable with sunglasses or a purse like Victoria has done.

BUSINESS CASUAL

The Beckhams prove yet again how the most basic item can be transformed into an iconic piece. It’s possible they were the first to include blazers as a casual fashion garment, as they are a common trend now.

This is another relatively easy piece to recreate with your partner for Halloween as it requires clothing items you may already have in your closet: a white shirt (preferably V-neck), jeans, belts, and two identical blazers. Runway-swept hair and a hand brace aren’t as easily accessible.

WHITE ON WHITE

As seen above with previous outfits, the Beckhams had a penchant for monochrome coordinated outfits in the ’90s and early 2000s, and this alabaster palette (except for David’s belt and shirt) is no exception. Victoria stuns in a simple, bodycon cami dress while her husband downs a white blazer to match.

Recreating this outfit from Posh and Becks would be accessible as all that is needed is a cami dress, blazer, long-sleeved shirt, and trousers. Making the outfit completely unicolor is also a route one could go.

PUFFERS AND PUPS

Last but not least, there is the iconic photo of the Beckhams walking their dogs in dreary U.K. weather while sporting the other’s color palette. This could make for yet another coordinated outfit and is one of my favorites.

Since this recreation would include puffers and other heavy coats, it would be more suitable for colder climates. However, Tallahassee has been dropping in temperature, so this could work for FSU students if there is a chill in the air on Halloween. With knitwear, Nike shoes, and coats, this would be a fun outfit to see for sure.

After reading through these Halloween costume ideas with credit to Posh and Becks, hopefully you were able to find one you could work with for you and your boo on a spooky night. If not, even taking inspiration from their iconic early 2000s outfits is sure to elevate whatever you wear.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Mia Rampersad is a sophomore at FSU studying Creative Writing. She enjoys reading, exercising, and fashion.