FSU’s Incoming Girlbosses Should Join These 3 Clubs

To the incoming Class of 2028, I’m sure many of you feel just how I felt when I first got accepted into FSU: excited, of course, but also nervous about finding a community and meeting people who share similar interests as me. I always tell others that the best way that I’ve found to achieve this is by joining clubs! Yes, it’s true. Joining major-related clubs is not only a great addition to your academic life, but they also look nice on a resume. I’ve realized that focusing on joining clubs that you’re genuinely interested in is a great way to meet some of your best friends.

This advice isn’t limited to just freshmen, though. If you’re a transfer student or just looking to get more involved with extracurriculars, this applies to you, too! Here are three great FSU clubs to consider. 

1. Her Campus at FSU 

I may be biased, but Her Campus at FSU is, in my opinion, the best organization to join! Her Campus at FSU is a publication that aims to build an uplifting community and provide a platform for women’s voices through the form of writing articles. Although you’re required to be a staff writer during your first semester in HC, if writing isn’t quite for you, there are other positions to choose from afterward, like the editing team, social media team, or executive board.

If I had to describe this organization in one word, it would be uplifting. Every semester without fail, the group always cheers for each other’s successes and sets a positive tone for the week. If you’re a pop culture lover, looking to harness your creativity in a safe space, wanting to make friends, or just in pursuit of a platform to brain dump your ideas and feelings, Her Campus at FSU is a perfect fit for you. 

2. Strike Magazine  

Strike Magazine, founded in Tallahassee, is the nation’s largest student-run publication. They focus on culture, fashion, and art, and aim to foster creative communities on college campuses. It’s also quite literally one of the coolest organizations at FSU. There’s no other word for it — it’s just cool, and the club members don’t fall short of this.

If you’re into design, join Strike. If you’re into productions, join Strike. If you’re into photography, join Strike. They have just about any position imaginable, from stylists to models to photographers and videographers to writers.

If you’re interested in anything pertaining to the fashion world, Strike is the perfect club to build your portfolio and work with other creative students. Any of the media they put out can easily be mistaken for a luxury fashion marketing campaign or Vogue cover. You’re in good hands even if you’re a beginner.  

3. CHAARG 

CHAARG is a women’s wellness and workout organization that stands for “Changing Health, Attitudes, and Actions to Recreate Girls.” The organization is dedicated to protecting and empowering the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of its members. With different workouts offered every week, such as yoga, volleyball, or conditioning days at the gym, there’s an array of options to help women feel at ease with a community and try workouts they may not have otherwise considered. Additionally, CHAARG offers many social events outside of their workouts, such as pumpkin painting, formals, or Galentine’s Day celebrations. 

Although joining clubs can seem daunting at first, they are such a great way to branch out of your comfort zone and further develop your personal growth. If any of these organizations sound interesting, give their socials a follow to stay up to date with the latest for new member applications!  

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Paige McGuinn is a second year student at FSU studying Communication/Media Studies and Business. She loves writing about current events, pop culture and trends. With a passion for female empowerment, she is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!