Camp Kesem* is a national organization with a chapter at Florida State University that provides year-long support and a free week of summer camp to kids affected by a parent with cancer. Camp Kesem offers so much more than just a fun week with friends. This camp focuses on enhancing and building skills such as confidence and communication. Camp Kesem offers children from the ages of eight to 18 a community that they can lean on during trying times.

Camp Kesem is planning on extending their reach in the coming year. Throughout the summer of 2017, Camp Kesem was able to impact the lives of over 7,300 children that attended over 100 week-long sessions of Camp Kesem at locations that span from the west coast to the east coast. The Florida State University chapter plans to serve 100 kids this summer but they can’t do that alone. They need to raise a total of $90,000 to reach their goal.

How can you help get this chapter of individuals dedicated to changing the lives of children to their goal?

Make the Magic is their biggest fundraiser and they aim to raise $15,000 in one night. It’s not impossible, but it wouldn’t be possible without your help. The gala will take place on Feb. 9, 2019, from 6-9 p.m. at the Women’s Club of Tallahassee. The Make the Magic event gives people in the Tallahassee community a chance to see exactly what Camp Kesem does for the children and their parents. There will be speakers, including campers and their parents, speaking about the impact Camp Kesem has had on their lives. Tickets are $55 which includes dinner, two drinks and dessert. Just in case the opportunity to hang out with awesome campers wasn’t enough, there will also be a silent auction, a paddle raise and various opportunities to donate to Camp Kesem while taking home a prize too.

Camp Kesem is a wonderful organization that is dedicated to their cause. This organization would not be able to have the impact that it does without the support of the community that surrounds it. Camp Kesem surges forward with a passion for the individuals that they touch and a pledge to always improve. So come out and support Camp Kesem at Make the Magic and help them make a magical change in other’s lives!

Courtesy: Alanis Cartaya

Here is a summary of how you can help Camp Kesem reach their goal.

Make the Magic is on Feb. 9, 2019, from 6-9 p.m. at the Women’s Club in Tallahassee.

Ticket prices are $55 and there are opportunities to take home some awesome prizes while helping a great cause.

If you are interested in purchasing a ticket you can email fsu.mtm@campkesem.org

If you can’t attend Make the Magic but still want to help Camp Kesem you can follow this link.

*Camp Kesem is a nationwide community, driven by passionate college student leaders,  that supports children through and beyond their parent’s cancer.

Her Campus at Florida State University.