Calling all Angels: 52 Models to Walk in The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

Dust off your wings because it’s time for the most anticipated and magical event of the year: The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show! Being held in Paris for the first time, this show will be unlike any other. In the past, we’ve seen amazing segments walked by beautiful women, as well as incredible performers that rock the runway. This year, a new lineup of 52 girls, the most models the show has ever had, will own the runway one more time in the City of Lights.

Courtesy: People

With a strong lineup of 52 girls, we’ll be sure to see some fan favorites, as well as some newbies that will walk for the first time. Candice Swanepoel and Behati Prinsloo, newbie moms, will not be able to walk the show this year, but that doesn’t mean the show will be anything less than perfection. The star-studded Angel line up will include memorable and beloved models such as Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Martha Hunt, Elsa Hosk and more. Some returning faces that will be sure to recognize include Karlie Kloss, Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner and (hopefully) Cara Delevingne. We haven’t seen Cara on the runway since 2013, where she made her memorable mark. In 2014, however, a tabloid spread news that Cara was “too bloated” to walk in the show that year. The executive producer of the show, Edward Razek, extended a personal invitation to Delevingne in light of these rumors, with no casting to be held. With this personal invitation, viewers hope to see Cara grace the runway one more time in Paris.

With a good number of returning models and others making memorable comebacks, it’s no surprise that Victoria’s Secret would want to spice up the show with a few new fresh faces. This year, the show is expecting 18 new girls including Bella Hadid. Elle was able to talk with Hadid, where she expressed how she wasn’t too sure how the casting went, but she just had fun with it. Bella soon found out that she had nothing to worry about, because she’ll be strutting the runway with her sister, Gigi Hadid, and good friend Kendall Jenner. Some other first timers include: Alanna Arrington, Brooke Perry, Irina Shayk and more.

Courtesy: Fashionista                                                    

Courtesy: Fashionista

The Fantasy Bra — the coveted, million-dollar bra that every model hopes to wear one day — has been revealed that it will be worn by Angel, Jasmine Tookes. In an interview with Fashionista, Tookes says, “I never thought I would have this opportunity to wear a $3 million-dollar bra, so this is still mind blowing to me… I just wanted to be on the runway and be an Angel, so now that I get to do this, it’s insane.” Models, such as Miranda Kerr, Candice Swanepoel and Alessandra Ambrosio, are just a few of the handful that were honored to wear the Fantasy Bra in previous shows.

Courtesy: Fashionista

Along with the reveal of the Fantasy Bra came the reveal of the special musical performances. In the past, incredible artists, such as Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and, the unforgettable Rihanna, rocked the runway along-side the models. This year, however, the musical lineup has been revealed to include Lady Gaga and returning performers The Weeknd and Bruno Mars. The magical event is set to air on Dec. 5 on CBS, so be sure to get a couple of your girls together and watch the can’t miss event of the year!

Her Campus at Florida State University.