California Girl and Future Pharmacist: Viviana Novas

Name: Viviana Novas

Year: Senior

Hometown: Miami, FL

Major: Psychology (Pre-Pharmacy)

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What is your involvement on campus?

Viviana Novas (VN): I’m on the e-board for Advocates for World Health, I am part of the Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. and I volunteer with PACE and the Big Bend Homeless Coalition.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Florida State?

VN:  My favorite thing about FSU is the architecture. What drew me here was the architecture and the hospitality and how everyone is so warm, welcoming, and old fashioned.

HC: What do you hope to have accomplished 10 years from today?

VN: 10 years from now I see myself in California with a house somewhere near Corona, married with two children. I hope to be working at a major hospital working in the pharmaceutical industry. My dream is to open up my own pharmacy and multiple small businesses.

HC: What are your post-graduation plans?

VN: After receiving my BA in psychology I hope to get accepted into Nova University to pursue my career as a pharmacist. I’ve also thought about joining the navy as a commanding officer.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?

VN: Drink, duh!

HC: What’s your favorite vacation spot?

VN: California. Bro, OMG! The mountains – it’s so big and I love the city. There is always something to do, you can never get bored.

HC: What keeps you motivated when you feel like giving up?

VN: My parents and their struggles. I think about what they’ve been through and realize that nothing is impossible so I keep going.

HC: What is your favorite sport?

VN: I love gymnastics. I did gymnastics for five years when I was younger. It started to get in the way of school and sadly I had to give it up but now I focus on doing Acro-yoga once a week. 

HC: What your favorite quote?

VN: “I didn’t always know what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be.” -Diane von Furstenberg

HC: Who is your role model(s)?

VN: My parents. My parents came from nothing and the language barrier has been an obstacle for them as well as having to accommodate to the life here. That on its own is an achievement for them and being able to balance work, life and the responsibilities of being parents just give me so much to look up to. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.