Brooke Hunter: A Big Kid at Heart with an Even Bigger Future

Name: Brooke Hunter

Year: Junior

Major: Finance

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown:  Tallahassee, FL

Her Campus (HC):  Okay to start things off, what do you want to do after graduating?

Brooke Hunter (BH):  I plan on getting my MBA in a concentration of accounting. Ultimately, I want to run a company. Hopefully they are going to be companies that I believe in. You know, I want to believe in their mission and have my passions and morals line up with theirs.

HC: Okay so you are interested in running companies, do you have a mentor or a woman in the field of entrepreneurship that you look up to?  

BH: No I think what helps mold what I look to is God. I just look towards the dreams that He places in me. That is what really drives my passion.

HC: Are you involved with any campus organizations relating to business?

BH: Yes, I am on the College of Business Student Leadership Council. We call The College of Business SLC, because it’s such a long name.  I am also a member of Women in Business. Aside from those, I am involved with Every Nation Campus Ministry, YMCA and in 2014 I was an Orientation Leader.

HC: Wow that is a lot of activities! How long have you been working at the YMCA?

BH: I’m actually going into my fourth year soon. I’m a sports team referee and counselor. This past summer I was a coordinator for the Y; I really love kids so I enjoy working there!

HC: What do you think has been some of the biggest life lessons working with children have taught you?

BH: I have definitely learned the value of them and why they are so important on this Earth. If this world was just adults, I don’t think it would be this great. There is such a need for that purity and the creativity that kids bring. Oh and the authenticity. You know kids will tell you straight up, not to hurt your feelings but just to let you know. But most of all they make me laugh when I’m having a bad day.

HC:  What’s your favorite thing to on and off campus?

BH: On campus, honestly my favorite thing is sitting in the sun, just finding a place where I can study and take a minute for myself. Off campus I normally go to church service, I go to Friday services with my friends at a place called Go 2 Church and we just hang out afterwards, its really fun!

HC: Name something that you cant live out, which is not technologically related.

BH: Something I can’t live without…Plantains! Like I probably made them all the time, you can even ask my roommates!

HC: If you could give advice to your freshman self, what would you say?

BH: Don’t be scared; work harder than you think you should and God is with you wherever you go. That’s what I really needed during my freshman year. If I really believed that and did that, I would probably be a lot better than I am right now.

HC: Okay, last question. With all your involvement and working as well, how do you manage to stay motivated and excited about so many things?

BH: You know, I was watching this interview of Keke Palmer on The View, and they asked her the same question! She just answer, “God, baby,” and it’s true! Not that I am perfect or anything because I definitely have flaws, I just don’t think I would be who I am today without God. My hope and faith comes from Him. Especially when life is scary and you don’t know how you are sometimes, He grounds me and I know that there is hope, joy and love in every situation, even if I don’t see it.

California native, Kaylah Jackson is currently a senior at Florida State University where she is majoring in Editing, Writing and Media. Her passion for sports, women's health and social issues coupled with her love for writing inspires her to pursue a career in television journalism. Make sure to keep an eye out for her on a national news network in the coming years! When she isn't brainstorming for her next story idea, Kaylah enjoys working out, binge watching The Office and attempting to get her friends to incorporate kale and avocado into their daily source of nutrition.
Her Campus at Florida State University.