Culture > News

Tying the Knot: Breaking Down the Peltz-Beckham Marriage

On April 9, Brooklyn Beckham tied the knot with Nicola Peltz at her family’s vacation home in Palm Beach, Florida. Let’s breakdown their fairytale wedding: 

THE VENUE

The grandiose event took place in the Peltz’s Palm Beach estate, Montsorrel. It was once named the most expensive beach house in the country, with a current estimate of around $75 million. The roughly 13-acre property includes a private beach section, a large swimming pool and a guest house/entertainment pavilion. Decorated by HMR Designs, a Chicago-based event management company, flowers were placed all around the venue, with some even floating down the ceiling. The reception was held under a grand oceanfront tent where guests were able to admire the scenic view.

THE GUESTS

With such a huge and luxurious venue, it’s no surprise that about 500 guests attended. Besides Beckham and Peltz’s family members, celebrities such as Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, some members of the Spice Girls and Eva Longoria were a few rumored to have attended the event. Throughout the night, performances from singer Marc Anthony and magician David Blaine reportedly occurred. 

THE DRESS

Another highly talked about topic of the night was Peltz’s dress. She walked the aisle in a fully custom Valentino Haute Couture wedding gown and was styled by her stylist, Leslie Fremar, who noted it as “the most beautiful wedding dress she has ever seen.” However, Peltz’s dress wasn’t made overnight. It took about a year of creative ideas and talks with the creative director of Valentino Pierpaolo Piccioli and his team to customize Peltz’s dream gown. Not to mention, there were also two trips to Valentino’s headquarters in Rome. Fremar hand-chose the fabrics and other elements to design a dress that would leave Peltz in awe. Small details, like the evil eye added by Peltz’s mother as a talisman for her daughter and the stitched message into the wedding gown by the Valentino team, all helped to ensure that the dress was indeed unique. 

The Styling

Unlike the bride, the groomsmen were styled in Dior suits by artistic director and family friend Kim Jones. The groom wore a diamond chain designed by Anito Ko, which was gifted to him by his new in-laws. Beckham’s custom Dior look comprised of wool, lots of jewelry and polished leather derbies. Peltz’s bridesmaids wore gowns crafted by designer and tailor Joel Diaz. Several of Victoria Beckham’s pieces were spotted throughout the event, too. She styled Eva Longoria in her favorite slinky black dress from her spring/summer collection, as well as model Mia Raegan. Clearly, the outfits were the main focus of the elaborate wedding. 

Aware of the events occurring around the world during their wedding, the bride and groom partnered with humanity agency Care and encouraged their guests to make donations in hopes of providing aid for the families in Ukraine. Amongst those donations were Peltz’s parents themselves. 

For Peltz and Beckham, this night was one to remember. From the decorations to the styling, every little detail proved that this wedding was undoubtedly their dream come true. Cheers to the newlyweds!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Katrina Oro is currently a content editor for HerCampus at Florida State University (FSU). Besides writing, she loves movies, fashion and photography. Katrina is also a photographer for Strike Magazine at FSU.