Culture > News

Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Spotted Holding Hands

Many people are surprised to see a possible budding romance between reality star Kim Kardashian and comedian Pete Davidson. Kim Kardashian, star of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, has been famous since the late 2000s with the rest of her family. She has become a household name in the United States and has expanded from the reality show into other business ventures, including a shapewear and cosmetics line. She was married to Kanye West for seven years and went her separate ways from him in February 2020; however, she is still working on finalizing her divorce. 

Pete Davidson, on the other hand, had a slower rise to fame when he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live (SNL) in 2014. Davidson was surprised that he got picked to join the cast and has continuously been surprised by the scope of his growing fame. He is known for his self-deprecating and dark humor. He was briefly engaged to Ariana Grande, but after five months of engagement, they called it quits on Oct. 14, 2018. Davidson did go on to have several other relationships, with the most recent being with Phoebe Dynevor. He is no longer with Dynevor today, which raises suspicion about his intentions with Kardashian. The unlikely duo of Kardashian and Davidson have been seen together a lot lately, shocking fans everywhere. Besides recently, Kardashian and Davidson were seen hanging out together at a group dinner for Kid Cudi’s birthday in 2019. 

They were featured in a skit on the popular late-night live show SNL together, where Kardashian played Jasmine and Davidson played Aladdin. The skit features the two on a magic carpet imitating the Disney movie Aladdin, and things got a little bit heated between them. Throughout the ride, Davidson’s character aired his fears about not being man enough for Kardashian’s character. She ensured him that she liked him just the way he is, and after a lot of flirting, the two shared a kiss at the end of the carpet ride. This kiss ended up going viral on social media the following day and attracted a lot of attention from confused and excited fans.

This past Friday, just two weeks after their SNL debut, they were seen holding hands on a roller coaster at Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park. They were also at the park with Kourtney Kardashian, Travis Barker, Tracy Romulus, Stephanie Shepherd and Harry Hudson. Kim wore an all-black outfit to the park and put her hood up before getting on the ride, likely to avoid attention from onlooking fans.

An insider told PEOPLE in reference to Kardashian and Davidson, “They hang in the same circle so they will be together from time to time. It’s just friends hanging out.” While there have been no comments from Kim or Pete about what is going on between the two of them, friends of Kardashian have said that she is moving on from Kanye, but as of now, she and Davidson are just friends 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

I'm Emma and I am a junior at Florida State University double majoring in Media/Communication Studies and Marketing. I was born in Jupiter and lived there for my entire life. In my free time I like to workout, listen to music, and write.