“Euphoria” Actress Sydney Sweeney is Engaged!

Actress Sydney Sweeney is reportedly engaged after being seen wearing a diamond ring on her left ring finger on Feb. 28. Sweeney is most well known for her role in the hit TV show Euphoria, which also stars Zendaya, Alexa Demie, Angus Cloud, Maude Apatow and Jacob Elordi.

Euphoria just recently aired the last episode in season two, leaving viewers shocked and awaiting season three. Sydney Sweeney stars as Cassie Howard, one of the title characters in the show. The second season has been quite a controversial one for her character Cassie, who began dating her best friend Maddy Perez’s ex-boyfriend Nate Jacobs behind her back.

Sweeney commented about her character, saying, “I can only imagine where she’s going to go next season. As an actor, I love being able to go to places that might be deep for characters, because you unlock different parts of them that you didn’t know before. I love discovering different parts of Cassie. Season two was so different [to season one] because last season Cassie was so confident and on this path of self-love and self-worth.”

The 24-year-old actress was first photographed with Jonathan Davino in 2018 at Hulu’s Emmy Party from when she starred in The Handmaid’s Tale, and later seen at an InStyle and Kate Spade dinner in Los Angeles. While she has never publicly commented on their relationship, they have been photographed together multiple times, including at a basketball game and a PDA-filled vacation to Maui.

This month, she gave an interview as the cover star for Cosmopolitan and said, “I look for a best friend. I need to be able to be with someone who I can hang out with 24/7 and never get sick of and we laugh every single day.”

She has also said that she “doesn’t date people in the spotlight… I don’t date actors or musicians or anyone in entertainment because I can just be normal Syd that way and it’s easiest; I have a great support system. I have people who will battle for me and allow me to be on the pedestal and shine without making me feel like, ‘Oh no, I’m shining too bright and I need to step back.’”

Jonathan Davino is a 37-year-old restauranteur who lives in Chicago. Davino co-owns Mista Pizza and owns the Pompeii pizza company. According to US Magazine, who interviewed Olivia Landau, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Clear Cut, the ring seems to be either three and a half or four carats and would range from $50,000 to $150,000.

Sweeney, who moved to Los Angeles at the age of 14, has had numerous roles in popular TV shows and movies including being a guest star in 90210, Criminal Minds, Kickin’ It, Grey’s Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars. She also appeared in shows Everything Sucks!, Sharp Objects, The Handmaid’s Tale, and movies like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Voyeurs.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.