Boyce Avenue: First YouTube Band To Perform Benefit Concert On The Moon

Okay fine, I lied.

While we’re not quite ready to launch anyone into outer space just yet, the YouTube collab maestros popularly known as Boyce Avenue will be performing the first ever benefit concert for FSU’s Dance Marathon at The Moon, a local Tallahassee events venue, on January 30th.

Source: www.neontommy.com

Alejandro, Fabian, and Daniel Manzano began posting videos on YouTube of themselves singing covers of popular songs, such as Viva La Vida by Coldplay and Roar by Katy Perry, in 2007. Since then, the brothers have turned into the biggest band on YouTube, hitting over one trillion views and acquiring over five million subscribers.

While their most famous video, a beautiful acoustic cover of Justin Timberlake’s Mirrors featuring X-Factor winners Fifth Harmony, has reached an impressive 65 million views, the boys’ success can be measured in much more than just YouTube stats.

In seven short years, Boyce Avenue has headlined over 20 international tours and opened for some of the biggest names in pop culture, such as One Direction. They’ve even performed with the Goo Goo Dolls, which must have been unbelievable for the boys since the first video they ever posted was of them covering “Before it’s Too Late” by the band.

So there you have it, Collegiettes: the secret to getting your favorite artist to notice you is to become YouTube famous and have two really cool brothers. (I’m coming for you, John Mayer.)

Boyce Avenue’s fan base grows with each new video they upload, but thankfully the brothers’ ever-growing fame hasn’t gone to their heads.

In an effort to give back to the community, Boyce Avenue will be performing a benefit concert at The Moon in support of Florida State’s participation in Dance Marathon, one of the largest student-run philanthropies in the nation.

If you’re unfamiliar with the event, here’s the run down:

·     1800+ student participants

·     40 hours of non-stop dancing, split into two 20 hour shifts (or at least being on your feet and awake—sleep walking doesn’t count, sorry guys)

·     All proceeds are “For The Kids” since Dance Marathon raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network, an organization that donates money to children who need, but cannot afford, specialized medical treatment

·     FSU raised $781,196.22 last year, and we’ve got to beat that this year!

Dance Marathon takes place February 27th through March 1st, and there’s still a chance to be a part of it.

If you think you’d be up for 20 hours of dancing with girls (and let’s face it, probably a bunch of guys,) in tutu’s, lots of tie-dye, and colorful neon spandex, you can sign up to be a dancer right here.

If you’re at the lower end of the fitness pole and can barely take a few hours of dancing at the Strip on Friday night, you can donate to Dance Marathon by clicking on one of the options on the left hand side of the webpage.

If you’re like me and you’re stuck somewhere in between wanting to dance for a few hours and wanting to donate to the cause, you can buy a ticket for the Boyce Avenue show on January 30th! $25 goes a long way for the organization, and who doesn’t love live acoustic music? Plus, The Moon is a sick venue and the boys are sure to put on an unforgettable, intimate show.

Remember Collegiettes, there’s always a way to give back to your community while having fun, and here at Florida State, there’s always more than one.

Hi! I 'm Sara. You can find me roaming the streets of Tallahassee, Florida, in hopes of finding some cool people, places, and things to write about. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, I've ventured 8 hours away from home to study Public Relations and Creative Writing at Florida State University. I like creativity, dance parties, writing, traveling, reading, and having a good time, all the time. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.