Blunts & Blondes and Boogie T Scheduled to Shake Tallahassee This Thursday

With his main fanbase originally in Tampa, Blunts & Blondes is a local Florida DJ who rightfully prides himself on his recent arrest for starting a mosh pit at a show in Clearwater, FL. His response to the event? A tweet of his mug shot captioned, “LEGALIZE DUBSTEP! (taken shortly after I jumped on top of the DJ booth).” This dude means business when it comes to dubstep: he breaks necks and brings the bass. Although his name hasn’t exploded in the worldwide EDM scene yet, fans have no doubt he will grow in no time. Less than a month ago, he performed a dirty set at Imagine Music Festival in Atlanta, Georgia. His music heavily focuses on bass, so it makes sense that some of the DJs he looks up to include Bassnectar and G Jones. His dubstep side probably comes more from his admiration for Skrillex. It’s not unrealistic to assume his name may become as big as those in the near future.

Boogie T will be making an appearance Thursday as well. He grew up in Louisiana and currently calls New Orleans his home, although he travels most of the time to perform. Along with Blunts & Blondes, he also performed at Imagine Music Festival (twice actually). His first set was before the sun went down. He even pulled out his guitar and microphone for this one. His performance of his song with Ganja White Night, Flava, had the crowd going crazy. Personally, I had never seen such genuine talent and presence of soul on an EDM stage like his.

Courtesy: Facebook

Boogie T’s second set was in the form of a silent disco after party when the final day of the festival came to a close. The crowd went crazy for his music and his down to earth personality. People were literally headbanging with giant headphones on. Since then, he also made an appearance at Excision’s Lost Lands Festival in Thornville, Ohio. The DJs are scheduled to perform back to back this Thursday at TENN Nightclub, presented by Scrxtch ‘n Sniff. Tallahassee has a growing riddim scene, so expect to see a large crowd of headbangers and bass heads filling the venue. Ticket prices range from $10-$25 and are available online through Eventbrite as well as hard copies. According to Blunts & Blondes’ and Boogie T’s posts in their Facebook event group, they’re just as excited as we are. A week before the show, Blunts & Blondes posted a photo of himself with the caption “ONE WEEK UNTIL WE BLAZE BLUNTS & I POUND YOU WITH BASS!” To some, that might sound a bit scary. To many, he couldn’t have said it any better. 

Courtesy: Facebook

Florida State University junior, just winging it.
Her Campus at Florida State University.