The Best Shows You Can Watch on TV Right Now

With syllabus week coming to a close, spring semester is officially in full force. After sitting in the library and filling my agenda with all the exams, assignments and extracurriculars I have to fulfill in the upcoming semester, I had my first (of what I am sure will be many) mental breakdowns of 2017.  I quickly realized that I am going to need a lot of R&R to get me through the next few months, as I’m sure most of you will as well. One of my favorite ways to de-stress after a long day of classes is lying down on the couch in my pajamas and watching a quality TV show. Here are a few to look forward to:

This Is Us

Despite having only started a couple months ago, “This Is Us”  has quickly made its place in my heart. It follows a family of triplets (one being adopted) and flashes back to their childhood. Each of the siblings could not be more different, making it a very entertaining story to follow. It is one of the only television shows that can make me laugh and cry in the same episode. The show has been so well received that it has already been picked up for a third season on NBC. You can catch it on Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. As if there weren’t already enough reasons to watch, Mandy Moore is the star. Need I say more?

Grey’s Anatomy

The classic Shonda Rimes drama, “Grey’s Anatomy,” returns Thursday, Jan. 26. As much as I wish I could stop watching this show, I can’t. After being a devoted follower for the past twelve seasons, I can’t seem to stop no matter how hard I try. Last season left us all with so many unanswered questions that I don’t foresee being able to resist watching next week. Will Alex go to jail? Will Owen and Amelia breakup? It’s a bit embarrassing how much I’m looking forward to finding out next week. After all, what’s a Thursday night if it isn’t spent in Shondaland?

The Bachelor

I can’t imagine any better way to shake off the Monday blues than by sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in-hand watching Nick Viall, the newest bachelor, on my TV screen. With Liz already hooking up with Nick before the show, Alexis showing up to the first cocktail party in a shark (dolphin?) costume and to the first group date as a pregnant bride and then Corrine just being Corrine, I can already tell this is going to be one of the most entertaining seasons to date. 

Megan is a freshman at Florida State University studying Retail Merchandising. She is originally from Miami, FL, but dreams of living in New York. In her spare time she enjoys writing, blogging, watching Grey's Anatomy reruns, and all things fashion. Twitter: meganmaguire_ Instagram: meggmaguiree
Her Campus at Florida State University.