Fans anticipate first FSU football game of the season
Original photo by Jenna Harris

7 Best Shops For Tailgating Clothes This Season

As everyone is officially amped up for football season, the big question now is, “Where do I find the best tailgating clothes?” Every year it’s a hunt to find which boutiques and online stores have the best items. Thankfully for you, I’ve done the searching for you and have narrowed down the top places to get the cutest clothes for this season. Move the basic T-shirts to the side because these items will become your fall football staples. These spots have the best Florida State University apparel that’ll have everyone asking you where you got it.

Tailgate Fever

Tailgate Fever has great picks, especially for the chilly season ahead, as they have lots of vintage jackets and sweaters. They also do custom clothing: you pick the style and they do the rest. They can embroider tops, hats and rompers. They also have a custom lace-up top option, which is very on trend right now. Pick from their curated collection or choose a custom piece. Whichever way you go, you’ll be sure to stand out on game day.

The Florida State University Bookstore

Don’t diss the bookstore — they have stepped it up this year. They’ve got new crop tops and tennis skirts to show your team spirit. They also carry the FSU x Lululemon collaboration to keep you comfy throughout the long game days. They’ve also started stocking some trending styles like bandana-style tops and O-ring tops. They also have more basic styles of clothing like T-shirts, so you can dress up your family in Florida State merchandise when they come to the games.

Oh La La

Oh La La is a small boutique located on West Gaines Street. They have lots of cute items to subtly represent Florida State. They carry Garnet dresses and tops in all the latest styles as well as great shorts and pants. It’s definitely a store that will elevate your game day style from basic to sophisticated.

Hype and Vice

Hype and Vice is an online shop that takes trending styles and transforms them into game day apparel. They take a step away from the simple shirts we all know and love and add interesting aspects to them such as tie fronts and mesh panels. With their flattering silhouettes, you’re sure to find something to feel good in and suit your style. They also have great clothing for representing Florida State while just roaming around campus or going to class.

Picked

This vintage boutique is located on West Madison Street and is the best for Florida State vintage styles. It has a custom-curated collection by the owner, who scavenges around finding the best vintage styles to add to the store. It started as a small tent on the street, but has expanded to a store. It definitely does not disappoint. This isn’t a place to find your favorite tiny crop tops, but you’ll get one-of-a-kind items that you most likely will not find anywhere else. If you haven’t checked them out yet, definitely do! It’s one of the best places to go.

Tally and Fin

Tally and Fin is also located on West Madison Street and has some of the hottest styles this season. This is definitely another place that will elevate your tailgate styles. They have pieces that will subtly say I love Florida State. If you want to look cute without having Florida State in big letters across your chest, go here. They have great rompers, dresses, tops and more. They also carry the go-to cowboy boots that everyone has been hunting for this season. You can also shop online or in-store.

bow and arrows

Bow and Arrows is on West Madison Street and has the best of both worlds. They carry all the game-day essentials, from clear bags for the stadium to jewelry to accessorize your game-day outfit with. They also carry the basics such as the baby tees and oversized jerseys, while also adding in some cute dresses, fringe skirts and stylish rompers. Whether you want to go more casual or get a little fancy, they have styles for everyone. This store is definitely one of my favorites to take my game day outfits from drab to fab. You can also shop their store online right from your couch.

When looking for your next game-day outfit, these seven places are worth a look. If you’re a freshman just figuring out what to wear on game days or a senior looking for your next game day outfit to wow on your Instagram, these stores do not disappoint. They’ll have you excited and ready for every game all season. Happy Tailgating!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

From Naples, FL Kaitlyn is a student at FSU majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media. During her time at FSU she’s worked on the undergraduate literary staff before moving up to the masthead as well as being apart of the Beta Mu Gamma Phi Beta chapter.