The Best Facebook Events for Battling Hurricane Irma

This week has felt a bit like déjà vu for many Florida State students, reminding us of 2016’s Hurricane Hermine and Tallahassee losing power. While Hurricane Irma was predicted to be much more dangerous than Hermine (which was only a Category 1), the internet managed to calm our nerves with memes.

1. Throw hands at Hurricane Irma

Irma is not ready for these hands. Time to start warming up.

2. Goth dancing to blow Hurricane Irma away

The only person more afraid of emotions than me is Irma.

3. Shoot at Hurricane Irma

It seems to be easier to get a concealed carry license than bottled water this week, so we should work with what we have.

4. Hurricane protest on the beach

Protests are a very effective means of resistance! Irma will definitely respond to this.

5. Writing our way out of Hurricane Irma

For those of you who appreciate Hamilton, this one’s for you. Similar to how Alexander Hamilton wrote the Reynold’s Pamphlet, Floridians can work together to write their way out of Hurricane Irma and the devastating damage she is sure to bring.

6. Everyone points their fans at the hurricane to blow it away

Concept: Every single fan involved with Panhellenic fall formal recruitment is pointed at Irma.

7. Every srat girl uses their anorak to cover all of Florida

Florida State University has seventeen Panhellenic chapters with around 250 members each, meaning Tallahassee alone could provide over 4,000 anoraks. Imagine how much coverage we would have if we put our differences aside and joined forces with UF and Miami!

8. Fidget spin clockwise to cancel out Irma

A rare instance in which fidget spinners can be used for good and not evil.

9. Talking reasonably to Hurricane Irma to convince her to stop this cycle

Hopefully an intervention will help Irma realize that her actions have had a direct impact on her friends and family. She needs to know that she is bringing down those around her, and it is a self-destructive cycle.

10. Sing “All Star” by Smash Mouth so loud the sound waves turn Irma away

While “All Star” is already a very powerful and emotional song, it may have had the potential to steer Irma off of her dangerous path.

Even though the FSU vs. Louisiana Monroe game was canceled, we spent the weekend mourning with hurricane memes. Stay safe FSU!

All images courtesy of Facebook

Junior at the best school in the nation (Florida State).
Her Campus at Florida State University.