With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you might be in search of that special place to take that special someone. Well, we’ve got you covered! These are the top five fun date spots, here in Tallahassee. 

Fun Station

Courtesy: Fun Station

Day or night, Fun Station offers a jam-packed experience. Chase and hide from each other in laser tag, zoom around corners with go-carts, practice your baseball skills in the batting cages, enjoy the novelty of mini-golf, and play skeeball in the incredible arcade. You’ll be able to engage in some competitive flirting while having the time of your lives. At the end of the night, you can even exchange your tickets and pick out a prize or two. 

The Tallahassee Museum

Courtesy: The Tallahassee Museum

For an outdoor date be sure to check out the Tallahassee Museum. There are plenty of exhibits to see and if you’re feeling really adventurous get up in the air and see the beauty of nature on their ziplining course, which is open day and night. This riveting experience is definitely a unique excursion that your date won’t be able to forget.

Stetsons

Courtesy: Facebook

Love to dance? Check out Stetsons on The Moon. This line dancing club might be the perfect spot to take your partner (Haha, get it?). Not only do you get to learn some dances at the beginning of the night but you’ll have an excuse to dance with your date as well so get your country on and head on over to Stetsons. Even if line dancing isn’t your thing, Stetsons also becomes a hybrid nightclub/line dancing experience starting at 11 PM and alternates between the two every thirty minutes.  

Sugar Rush Bar

Courtesy: Emily Schutz

Looking for a classic date idea? Split a milkshake at Sugar Rush Bar. With so many signature milkshakes to choose from, you’ll find something for both you and your boo. If you’re not an ice cream person, no worries: Sugar Rush Bar is also a candy store, with plenty of options. Not only that but the shop is decked out from head to toe in Instagrammable decor so it’s possible that by the end of this date you’ll be Instagram official.

The Melting Pot

Courtesy: John L.

Although not local to Tallahassee, The Melting Pot offers an enjoyable experience which I highly recommend. From delectable cheese and chocolate fondue options to gluten-free, vegetarian/ vegan and meat entrées, you and your date will have a hands-on experience, dipping and even cooking your own food. Although this experience is on the pricey side, you can always go on Tuesday nights to get $5 cheese and $5 chocolate per person when you show your student ID.

There you have it! As you can see Tallahassee is jam-packed with fun things to do so be sure to check out some of these locations and make the most of it. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Emily is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and minoring in Communications. In her free time, she enjoys singing, discovering new music, and tracking down the best coffee in Tallahassee. Find her on Instagram @emischutz.