The much anticipated Nevada Caucus results finally came in last Saturday, Feb. 22. While establishment media claimed Bernie could never win Nevada due to its Latino population, progressives came out victorious. And not only did Bernie just win the state, but he won big with almost 50 percent of the vote. What makes this incredibly special is that no candidate in America has ever won the first three states in a Democratic Primary. And regardless of what you might hear on cable news, I think it’s safe to say that Senator Sanders is making history.

Yet, despite all of these big wins, the establishment media is trying its hardest to push the idea that being in first place isn’t actually where you would want to be. You can catch any pundit on MSNBC or CNN saying how being in third place is actually a good thing. Or you can hear my favorite which is “the first three states don’t actually matter”. And to be fair, the establishment may be right. It doesn’t matter if you have a plurality of the vote, what really matters is the number of delegates you can attain. Forget about the fact establishment democrats were crying over the popular vote in the 2016 election. I guess a true democracy only matters when it affects affluent white liberals. Because that’s the only demographic that matters, right?

But to make matters even worse and completely ridiculous, cable news media is saying that Bernie isn’t even actually winning the primaries. Here’s their logic: if you combine the centrist vote between former Vice President Joe Biden, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Senator Amy Klobuchar, the percent of voters they have is much larger than Sanders. And while this is true, that isn’t how a competition works. The rules are simple; whoever gets the most votes wins.

If you’re confused about this entire debacle, it is okay. The establishment media’s woke signaling and white feminism makes them appear as if they are on your on their side. But in reality, they’re all just as afraid of an increase in taxes as any other Republican. And Bernie’s most recent wins and rise in the polls threatens the money and perceived power these individuals hold so dear. Forget about Americans being able to afford insulin, coming out of college without any debt, or perhaps solving the largest threat to human existence (climate change). If Chris Matthews can’t afford another summer house, that’s how you know America is failing as a country.

And although the establishment media is doing its best to prevent a progressive agenda from happening, there’s no denying that prominent establishment figures are already starting to give in. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, formerly known for scoffing at the idea of the Green New Deal, recently came out saying she would support whoever the Democratic nominee ends up being. And even Hillary Clinton is jumping on this bandwagon. After months of trying to smear Senator Sanders by claiming that “nobody likes him,” she also claimed she would support the future Democratic nominee regardless of who it ends up being. Is this the establishment finally falling in line with the rest of America? Only time will tell. Regardless, a revolution is happening, and I couldn’t be more excited.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

I am an Environmental Science major passionate about implementing sustainability into everyone's lives.
Her Campus at Florida State University.