Style > Beauty

Beauty, Decor, Prizes and Photo Opps: Her Campus Southern Charm Tour at FSU Recap

Last Tuesday, Her Campus FSU got to experience a leg of the Her Campus Southern Charm Tour. Under the bright sun and 80-degree weather, Her Campus set up tents, games and a lounge area in the middle of Union Green. “I [had] heard of Her Campus before this, but never really went to the site. I’m glad they had this event because now I know how to find all of their content which is really relevant,” said senior Kalan Capers.

The Her Campus Southern Charm Tour is traveling across the Southeastern United States, stopping at FSU before continuing down to UCF. The event featured tons of activities and giveaways, and collegiettes were able to meet the Her Campus staff to sign-up for content updates and learn more about joining our team. There was an interactive photo booth from Intel with a green screen and after picking out a background, props, and customizing their photos, collegiettes could enter for a chance to win an Intel-powered tablet. See the winner below!

Michelle Krauss (bottom), winner of the @Intel-powered tablet

Left to right: Her Campus FSU PR Director Katie Cook, Staff Writer Taylor Dickey, Editor-in-Chief Rachel Epstein, Staff Writer Amanda Rodriguez

Dormify also set up a display of their decorative pillows and had free laptop stickers as well as a chance to receive 20% off coupons by signing up on their email list. “I loved the pillows from Dormify and I definitely plan on using them to decorate my new apartment,” said Capers. 

By far the most popular station was European Wax Center’s Browfection Bar where collegiettes were shown a four-step process on how to clean, shape and fill in their brows. While all of this was going on, Her Campus Co-founder and President Windsor Hanger Western was also there signing copies of Her Campus’ new book, The Her Campus Guide to College Life.

The entire Her Campus FSU staff passed out goody bags throughout the day and loved seeing the event come to life. Overall, the event attracted over 500 visitors. “My favorite part was the goody bags. It was all around a great event, free eyeliner, brow lessons and great weather. What more could a girl ask for right before finals?!” said Caper. 

Left to right: Staff Writer Maria Silva, Co-Social Media Directors Anjelica MacGregor and Malory Hudson

Jazmyn is an enthusiast of books, thrifting, Netflix, and music. She is a Senior majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and has a lot of #goals including to be Beyonce'.
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_