Breakfast is now brunch, and it comes with bottomless mimosas.

Atleast if you’re doing it right.

Brunch just may be the perfect meal—a combination of all the classic breakfast foods (in all of their greasy, buttery goodness) while catching up with friends in a crowded booth. It is the thought of an indulgent, drawn-out early afternoon feast with good company—and a round of mimosas—that gives you the strength to shake off those covers, despite your hangover, and head out the door. For many of us college students, the act of brunching has become a Sunday ritual. It is our reward after a hectic week and the ultimate hangover cure.

Thankfully, Tallahassee is home to some of the top spots to fulfill your Sunday brunch needs. Here are the restaurants that do it best:

Canopy Road Café:

This breakfast and lunch joint has two locations, one on North Monroe and the other on Capital Circle, both offering delicious food in a quaint diner setting perfect for any budget. Canopy’s menu is full of the classic breakfast fare, but you can find unique sweet and savory options as well. Create your own omelet or try the Cap n’ Crunch French Toast and the Breakfast Burge—because yes, those exist.

Madison Social:

One of the newest establishments to cater to the brunch crowd here in town, Madison Social does not disappoint. Grab a seat on the patio and enjoy a pitcher (!) of mimosas. Every Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm, you can try twists on your favorite combinations like chicken and waffles and eggs benedict. The atmosphere alone will prepare you for the week ahead.

Bread and Roses Food Cooperative:

If you’re looking for a vegetarian/Vegan option, definitely try Bread and Roses. It is non-profit and member-run store on Railroad Avenue that prides itself on bringing local, organic food to the Tallahassee area. It has a great vibe featuring local art that fits perfectly in the All Saints neighborhood. While during the week they offer daily specials and artisan cuisines, Saturdays are dedicated to brunch, featuring items such as biscuits and gravy and locally roasted coffee.

Cabos Island Bar and Grill:

One of my personal favorite brunch spots that has gotten me through many a rough mornings. A little further from campus, but definitely worth the drive. Cabos’ brunch is every Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm and offers everything you could possibly want on a lazy day. Mike’s Costa Rican Breakfast and the Tequitas are the go-to choices among my group of friends that never disappoint. Did I mention the 2-for-1 mimosas?

If you’re in need of new place to try out, head over to one of these places to experience the beauty of brunch, Collegiettes! 

FSU/Senior/Editing, Writing, and Media
Her Campus at Florida State University.