Wellness > Mental Health

Attention All College Students: Let’s Finish the Semester off Strong

I hate to be the bearer of bad news during your spring break, but the end of the semester is approaching. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, we can all agree that the end of every semester is peak stress time. It’s the last month or so that we can use to pull up our grades. If you are graduating in May, this means it’s your last month of college and reality is kicking in. I’m here to tell you some ways to help get you through this remaining month without feeling stuck in one place. 

The first tip I would say is to set some end of semester goals. Giving yourself something to look forward to is an easy, fun way to get motivated. Even small goals like turning in assignments early for the last month or studying harder for your next tests are ways to keep yourself prepared for school and will help to end on a strong note. With setting these goals, it is important to also stay organized. Staying organized can be more than just using a planner, it can involve making sure you are keeping your room decluttered or keeping your backpack organized. 

Taking tests and doing homework at this point in the semester pretty much just feels pointless and repetitive. We start turning in more work we finished the hour before it was due, and it just becomes low-quality responses. To avoid this feeling and continue turning in quality work, dedicate a few times during the week to make sure you can get it all done. Use your organization system to place your assignments during those times and check them off as you get them done. When it comes to getting yourself to study for the last month, try and find new places to study. Find somewhere you’ve never studied before and experiment with that location. It will get you outside of your typical library and hopefully make you feel open to this new study zone. 

a woman sits at a wooden desk writing in a notebook. there is an imac in front of her.
Retha Ferguson | Pexels

If your classes are being moved online for a remaining portion of the semester, make sure you are keeping up with your classes. Don’t skip all the lecture videos, because it can become easy to fall behind this way. With online classes, I will say that using a planner to track your lectures, assignments and exams, will be your greatest tool. 

For seniors, just remember this is your time to finish off strong. You are so close to graduation, don’t lose your motivation now. You’ll have your degree soon and be finished with such an important portion of your life. Live it up for the remainder of the semester, but still keep up your schoolwork.

The last important thing to remember is that the end of Spring break just means only a little over a month until Summer is here. Even if you are taking classes again the Summer, the weekends and free time means sitting on by the pool, soaking in the sun. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Senior at Florida State University majoring in Professional Sales. From West Palm Beach, FL. Will probably be seen leaving early to get home to her dog. Instagram: @reneebram
Her Campus at Florida State University.