alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ashlyn Page: The Music Festival Guru

With music festival season quickly approaching, I sat down with Ashlyn Page, an avid music festival fan, to find out the must-know tips and tricks to having an unforgettable experience. When she isn’t working or studying for her business major, her combined passion for music and fashion lead her to endless adventures and festivals.

Name: Ashlyn Page

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Pensacola, Fl

Major: Business Management, Political Science

Courtesy: Ashlyn Page

Her Campus (HC): You mentioned that your hometown is Pensacola, but you’ve actually lived a few different places; what was it like traveling so much?

Ashlyn Page (AP): Traveling has helped make me into the adventurous person I am today. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re the type of person who enjoys change over routine, it’s great! I actually think I would have gone stir crazy if I grew up in one town.

HC: What do you do when you aren’t working or going to school?

AP: If I’m not in school or working, I love to go to music festivals and concerts. If the weather is nice and the lineup is good, then I can’t resist a weekend festival.

HC: What is your favorite part of going to music festivals?

AP: My favorite part is either the fashion or the different remixes and new music you get to hear from your favorite artists. If I could dress in festival wear all year-round I most definitely would. I love getting inspiration and ideas from all the cool outfits and ensembles people wear. It gives me a chance to express myself through fashion while still enjoying my favorite musicians.

Courtesy: Ashlyn Page

HC: What are some of your tips when it comes to having the best musical experience?

AP: It’s definitely important to hydrate and pace yourself. If you’re going to a weekend long festival, you can run out of energy on the first day which will totally burn out your whole weekend. If you pace yourself and conserve your energy for your favorite sets, you’re bound to have a better time.

HC: Are there any particular experiences that have stuck out to you?

AP: Every festival sticks out to me for different reasons, but if I had to choose I would say that my favorite festival moments were when artists that I’ve never seen before, like A$AP Ferg and Die Antwoord, crowd-surfed mid set.

HC: What are some musical festivals on your bucket list?

AP: Some top picks would have to be Firefly, Governors Ball and Electric Forrest.

HC: Who’s one performer you would travel anywhere to go see?

AP: Marina and the Diamond! She’s 100% my top favorite, but maybe Tame Impala too.

Editing, Writing, and Media major at FSU. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.