matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson Call-Off Their Engagement

The notoriously young-and-in-love couple-of-the-summer, Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson, have reportedly broken up. After a few showing signs of a potential split, it was confirmed Sunday that the couple is not continuing with their relationship romantically.

Just a day before the news of the spilt, Grande was present and supportive of Davidson at 30 Rock on Saturday Night Live’s most recent broadcast sources say. After TMZ broke the news, the 25-year-old singer decided not to attend her scheduled performance at a cancer benefit put on by Yael Cohen, wife of Scooter Braun, who is Grande’s manager. Much of the commentary that came with this monumental breakup noted the fast pace and over-eagerness of the relationship.

Courtesy: Vanity Fair

To give a quick recap of the whirlwind relationship, Vulture posted an article titled “Everything That Happened in the 126 Days Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson Were Engaged.” The article teases the couples quick engagement as an exciting 90 Day Fiance episode. The rest of the article dates the relationship back to TMZ’s report of the $93,000 engagement ring that the SNL star bought for Grande on June 12 all the way to October 14th when TMZ reports that they called off their engagement and social media went up in a frenzy.

It may seem obvious now that Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson rushed into things, but sometimes that’s just how love, especially young love, works. CNN reported a quote from Davidson when their relationship was in full swing, “The day I met her, I was like, ‘Hey, I’ll marry you tomorrow… she was calling my bluff. I sent her a picture of engagement rings and was like, ‘Do you like any of these?’ She was like, ‘Those are my favorite ones,’ and I was like, ‘Sick.’ “

Like most times when relationships end, the signs are easier to define knowing their love was becoming less strong.

The most noticeable sign is their tattoos representative of each other have been hidden. They seemed to get new ones every few weeks to further confirm their love for each other. Both Grande and Davidson have Pete’s late father’s firefighter badge number, 8418, tattooed to honor his passing during the attacks on 09/11/2001. Davidson’s is on his left arm and Grande’s is on her foot.

Courtesy: US Magazine 

However, the tattoo Davidson got of bunny ears that resemble the ears Grande rocks on the cover of her album, Dangerous Woman, were gone. Davidson had this tattoo on the back of his ear, but it has since been covered by a large heart.

Courtesy: People Magazine 

Grande’s no-shows for SNL, the Emmy’s and the charity event all signs that something was up. After being such a public couple, the cancellation of all of these should have been a red flag. Grande is definitely going through her own issues and we can only hope they both have closure and continue to be friends.

Miami, FL 
Her Campus at Florida State University.