When I first started writing relationship pieces, I thought it might be in my best interest to look at how other authors formatted and talked about relationships. I thought that looking into how others gave advice on relationships would help me to form my own voice on such a sensitive subject. Something that I noticed through my hours of scrolling was that there was nothing written for people who were single (like somehow being single meant you didn’t have relationships) in those columns. I get that it’s relationship advice but everyone has relationships and not everyone has to have a SO to need advice. I think that Carrie Bradshaw got it right with this one. Why is being successful so closely linked with being in a relationship? So if you’re single and fabulous, this one is for you.

Being a female on a huge college campus, I can imagine my dating experiences are pretty similar to that of Carrie. Granted, I might not have found my Big or had spent my time at exclusive parties but I can’t imagine that it’s any easier. I still have my girlfriends and boys continue to disappoint. Staying single has its advantages and this is your time to be selfish.

If you can’t think of any reasons why it’s good to be single I have three right here:

1. Who wants to share their bed?

It’s the end of the day. You’re exhausted from trying to juggle everything that women deal with from day-to-day and all you want to do is change into your PJs and grab some shut-eye. But instead. . .

Courtesy: Naomi Narrative

2. Save the relationship weight.

If you’ve ever been in a relationship, then you know exactly what I’m talking about here. I don’t know about y’all but it’s hard enough for me to maintain my weight on my own. I don’t need the temptation of “let’s go get pizza” all the time because yes, Chad, I can take down a whole pizza by myself, and I’m so glad that someone appreciates my hidden talents. Now, this may not be a deal breaker for all because you know, love yourself, but if this is a hard no from you, staying single is the move.

Courtesy: Tenor

3. Save money.

A relationship is expensive. Point blank. End of discussion. As hard as you may try to keep the expense down, you are going to end up spending more money than you would on your own. Where you may save money on bar cover and alcohol from your crazy weekends with the girls, you make up for it in other areas. You pay for the dates, anniversaries, holidays and sometimes therapy if he turns out to be a complete psychopath.

Courtesy: YourTango

Relationships come with a lot of pros and cons. It’s around this age when you start logging on to social media and see that four girls from your hometown just got engaged last night while you were crying over six assignments all due the next day and drowning your sorrows with Happy Hour at Pots. If a relationship isn’t for you right now, then be confident in being single & fabulous.

Her Campus at Florida State University.