Notice: This article may end a fake eyelash addiction. Read at your own risk.

I want you to take a second and think through your whole wardrobe. What is the one piece that seems to always pull an outfit together for you? Your go to. The one thing that makes you feel confident and sexy. For me, it’s a good pair of heels. It’s important to feel this way when dressing because you deserve to feel beautiful. Now think about your makeup. Do you have one thing that makes you feel the same way? Why should your outfit make you glow and not your makeup?

Girls and boys, fake eyelashes are a game changer.

If you’re like me and have sensitive eyes, you may be a little weary of gluing these spidery contraptions on.  But is coating on mascara that can fall into your eyes a better solution? You’re risking more irritation for something that for most of us isn’t going to give us the same effect as fake eyelashes. So just hear me out:

1. Who doesn’t want long, full eyelashes?

The point of false eyelashes is to give you big and full lashes. They help to open up your eyes and make them brighter when you’re wearing a full face of makeup. It’s easy to lose eyelashes when you have an array of colors behind them.

Courtesy: Me.me

2. You get to choose.

Just like clothing, makeup reflects your personality. You get the final say in what you want to wear. That being said you wear whatever eyelashes you think fit you and whenever you feel like it. For me I would wear them every day and for every occasion because I enjoy the long, full and flirty look that big eyelashes give. Also, there are options for those of you who want to explore with a more slightly enhanced but still natural look.

3. Don’t be afraid to experiment!

Try them all on. There is no better way to figure out what works best with your eye shape and style than to experiment. Your clothing style didn’t just progress overnight. We all went through that middle school phase where our choices were more than questionable. The same applies for fake eyelashes. Personally, I’m a wispies type of gal but my best friend who started this addiction is all about the glam.

4. It’s all about you.

I think I’ve done a pretty poor job of hiding my opinion on fake eyelashes but I’m an honest addict. Really, it’s all up to you. If you have those naturally long and full eyelashes well then, I’m going to need you to drop your secrets because maybe fakes just aren’t for you. Or maybe makeup isn’t your thing and so the thought of these make you ill. If you feel confident and are living in a way that makes you feel like your best self then keep it up!

If you are looking for that extra pop on a night out or a little more eyelash to bat on a date I would highly recommend you pick up a pair.

Her Campus at Florida State University.