Just a few days ago, the infamous band The Arctic Monkeys announced a North American tour! After a four-year hiatus (it’s been a rough couple years tbh), The Arctic Monkeys are back at it. They will be playing 11 shows across the US, listed below:

May 5 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Forever Cemetery

June 14-17 – Dover, DE @ Firefly Festival

June 16 – Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater

June 18 – Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheater

June 19 – Atlanta, GA @ Coca Cola Roxy Theatre

July 24 – Queens, NY @ Forest Hills Stadium

July 27 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden

July 28 – Washington, DC @ The Anthem

July 31 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Petersen Events Center

August 1 – Detroit, MI @ Masonic Temple Theatre

August 5 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

(Note: Atlanta is only a five-hour drive from Tallahassee: that’s shorter than driving to Miami!)

Due to the extended period of time with no new music or performances, I’m sure it will be a killer show. Tickets, which can be purchased from The Arctic Monkeys’ website, went on sale March 16 and are sure to go fast, so get them ASAP. But have no fear, if you can’t catch the US tour, they’re also touring all over Europe right before they hop overseas. Only a few shows have tickets left, but if you happen to be traveling over there during summer, I wouldn’t skip over seeing them! More about that here: http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/.

In case you’ve never heard of them, here’s a little background on this band. The Arctic Monkeys are a British rock band that started in 2002. Their style of music is best described as “indie rock.” The band consists of five members: Alex Turner, the dreamy lead singer, Matt Helders, who performs the drums and vocals, Jamie Cook, the lead guitarist, and Nick O’Malley on the bass. One of their most popular albums, which put them on the map for many people, was AM, their last album as a full band that was released in 2013. Following that, they played a few shows then went on a four-year-long hiatus. According to a Rolling Stones article, the other members of the band started having children and wanted to take a break in order to focus on their families. 

Courtesy: Playbuzz

I’m just glad they’re back at it again and I’m ready for some new music, as I’m sure many longtime fans are. A few notable tracks I’d suggest to listen to to get ready for a show are listed below:

“Do I Wanna Know?” from the album AM

“No. 1 Party Anthem” from the album AM

“Fluorescent Adolescent” from the album Favourite Worst Nightmare

“505” from the album Favourite Worst Nightmare

“Mardy Bum” from the album Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not

These are only a couple to listen to and sing along with. There is honestly not a bad song by them, so I suggest digging around for yourself. They have five total studio albums! If that’s not enough, I’d check out Alex Turner’s side project, The Last Shadow Puppets. 

Media/Communication studies major with a passion for music, makeup and puppies!
Her Campus at Florida State University.