America’s National Park Service Celebrates 100th Birthday

America’s national parks have celebrated their 100th birthday this year, and now more than ever the National Park Service is encouraging everyone to get out and support their beloved parks. According to the National Parks Service website, “The centennial kicks off a second century of stewardship of America’s national parks and engaging communities through recreation, conservation, and historic preservation programs”. If you’re not sure that the parks are worth your time, here are a few photos to show you what national treasures these parks are, and why their totally worth a visit.

1. The Rocky Mountains National Park, Colorado

2. Seven Arches National Park, Utah

3. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

4. Everglades National Park, Florida

5. Glacier National Park, Montana

If that wasn’t proof enough, I don’t know what is! The National Parks Service has also created several events at the various national parks to celebrate their centennial birthday! Check out their website, www.nps.gov, for more information, and to look up a park near you!

All Photos Courtesy: National Park Service

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.