Amazon Key Lets Couriers Into Your Home and Twitter Is Freaking Out

Amazon has announced a brand-new feature: Amazon Key. Exclusively for Prime members, this service allows packages to be delivered right inside your front door. The Amazon Key In-Home Kit starts at $249.99 and includes the Amazon Cloud Cam (Key Edition) indoor security camera and a compatible smart lock from Kwikset or Yale. You can choose to install the kit yourself or have a professional do it for free.

Here’s how it works: when you’re checking out on Amazon, you select “FREE in-home delivery.” On delivery day, you’ll be notified just before the delivery. Amazon will authorize the delivery and unlock your door. You can then watch the delivery live in the Amazon Key App or see a video of it later. You’ll be notified once the delivery is complete and your door is then relocked.

Courtesy: Amazon

Amazon’s newest feature has got the whole Internet buzzing and roasting. Twitter users, specifically, wasted no time anticipating all kinds of faults with Amazon Key, including:

1. Concern for furry friends.

Courtesy: Twitter

Courtesy: Twitter

2. Fear of theft.

Courtesy: Twitter

Courtesy: Twitter

3. Forced Cleanliness

Courtesy: Twitter

4. …And Murder.

Courtesy: Twitter

Courtesy: Twitter

Much of the response on Twitter was lighthearted and humorous, but some people brought up legitimate concerns:

Courtesy: Twitter

Courtesy: Twitter

Amazon has anticipated and addressed many of these worries on the Amazon Key FAQ page. Amazon Key will be available to Prime members in select areas on Nov. 8.

Her Campus at Florida State University.