Allyson White: A Ray of Sunshine with a Bright Future

When you hear the words genuine, selfless and ambitious, chances are Allyson White will come to mind. She has a knack for quoting SpongeBob and making everyone around her feel loved. She is the epitome of a beach bunny and she lights up every room she walks into!

Name: Allyson White

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Major: Family and Child Sciences

Relationship Status: Taken (by the one and only Matt Lilly)

Courtesy: Allyson White

Her Campus (HC): Let’s start with a fun question: What does your dream date look like?

Allyson White (AW): A picnic on the beach with tiki torches while watching the sunset would be perfect.

HC: So you traveled abroad this past summer. Tell us a little about that!

AW: I studied abroad through the FSU International program in London. I also traveled to North Wales, Amsterdam, and Ireland! At first I was a little nervous to be away from America for such a long time, but the experience helped me grow in more ways than one. Being there made me want to travel the whole world and see how other people live. I love learning about different customs and traditions. I’m so lucky to have had this experience where people who were strangers before became my best friends who also shared my love for traveling.

Courtesy: Allyson White

HC: So you’re graduating in the spring (*cringe*). Do you have any post-college plans?

AW: I’m actually in the process of applying to nursing school right now. I’ve worked so hard to get where I am now, and opening that acceptance letter is all I can think about.

HC: Why nursing?

AW: It’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was ten years old. I have such a passion for helping others and having connections with people. Being able to wake up every day and change someone’s life in a positive way doesn’t sound like “work” to me at all. I’m also a big science nerd.

Courtesy: Allyson White

HC: What’s been your most embarrassing moment?

AW: Well, I was actually an extra in the movie Marley and Me. I played a waitress and my job was to carry a tray of beers. During the very first take, while I was walking 5 feet in front of Owen Wilson, I dropped the whole tray of beers on the floor. He made fun of me for the rest of the day! They also switched my prop to a tray of food.

HC: What organizations are you involved in?

AW: I’m a sister of Alpha Chi Omega and a member of Order of Omega.

HC: What do you love most about AXO?

AW: My sisters have always been there for me. I’ve never once felt alone during my time here. They’re all so beautiful on the outside and especially the inside. Having these girls who are so genuine, hilarious, fun and caring is the best feeling and I don’t know what I’m going to do without them when I graduate!

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

AW: I could watch a concerning amount of Grey’s Anatomy in one sitting. RIP Derek.

HC: Do you have a quote that you live by?

AW: Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Overall, I’m a pretty anxious person and this always calms me down and makes me realize everything will eventually fall into place.

Her Campus at Florida State University.