Allegra Rooks: The “Skater Who Doesn’t Actually Skate”

Meet Allegra Rooks – she’s a wonderful person to get to know and talk to. She spent the majority of our interview time showing me hilarious Vines and introducing me to different songs by Kid Cudi, if that shows you anything about her personality!

Name: Allegra Rooks

Hometown: Riverview, Florida

Year: Freshman

Age: 18

Major: Exercise Science

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): So let’s start with something fun—what’s on repeat on your Spotify right now?

Allegra Rooks (AR): Roy Woods—“Get you good.” It’s so sexual and chill. That’s slightly awkward to say but oh well, it’s a great song.

HC: What’s your pet peeve?

AR: I hate when people ask my opinion and then try to prove me wrong. Like bro, I know what you believe and you know what I believe, so let’s be cool about it!

HC: Do you have a favorite quote?

AR: “You don’t have to be pretty like her, you can be pretty like you.”

HC: Elections are coming up… who’s on the forefront in your mind?

AR: Bernie Sanders, definitely. I feel like he cares more about the general well-being of America rather than just being concerned with an elitist group that holds the power.

HC: Interesting. So Bernie is a favorite of yours… what else are you into?

AR: Makin’ money! But I don’t have a job, so that’s kind of weird to say I suppose.

HC: Why did you choose to major in exercise science?

AR: I am on the pre-med track to become an OB/GYN. I just can’t wait to help people, especially women!

HC: What’s your favorite social media platform?

AR: Tumblr. I try not to follow too many people so it’s a little bit anonymous. It keeps me staying “woke.” Urban Dictionary, my friends.

HC: If you could be any animal on a carousel, which one would you be?

AR: I’d be a panda. They’re just so funky and adorable.

HC: Describe your life motto in three words.

AR: Just be chill.

HC: Do you usually show up early, late or on-time for events?

AR: I fall somewhere between on-time and late. So I suppose that would mean I’m usually late.

HC: So I’m slightly obsessed with your fashion taste, from the septum ring to the bold eyeliner. Where do you get your fashion inspiration from and where do you buy your clothes?

AR: I get so much of my inspiration from social media outlets such as my beloved Tumblr. I just buy what I like and what’s comfy. I suppose my style could be described as the “skater who doesn’t skate.”

HC: Tell me something quirky about yourself—something that most people don’t know.

AR: I do weird things with my tongue. When I’m studying I randomly flick my tongue in and out of my mouth, almost like a lizard. Weird? Maybe.

HC: If you could change one thing about this world, party politics aside, what would you change?

AR: I believe the environment is super important. After all, our children will have to live in what we leave behind. I hope we can focus more on helping keep our earth safe and clean. I also am super passionate about helping other people, and I just want to feed every hungry person!

headstrong // heartfelt // happyA current sophomore at Florida State, Jamie finds joy in the idiosyncrasies of daily life. She loves perfectly-made cups of Cuban coffee, silly cat videos, and exploring quirky places in Tallahassee and in her native Tampa. Jamie is double majoring in Family/Child Sciences and Spanish and loves to discuss mental health, relationships, and adventures. Follow her on Instagram @jamiesierraa.xoxo
Her Campus at Florida State University.