All the Latest Details on the Upcoming Royal Wedding

The next royal wedding is fast approaching! It’s a time of celebration, diversity, romance and tradition. So naturally, the entire world is watching how the event unfolds. Unfortunately, for those of us eager to catch a glimpse of the glamorous (albeit remarkably stressful) process of planning a historical wedding, and to live vicariously through the lives of the coolest royal couple, it hasn’t been too easy. May 19 is only a few weeks away and very few details have been officially released, keeping in line with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s appreciation for privacy. We will have to wait and see how everything comes together, but in the meantime, there are a few things we can hold onto!

Courtesy: E!Online

The Dress:

There’s no official information on what dress Markle will be wearing to the wedding. But given the time left until the big day, it’s more than likely one has already been designed and fitted! Rest assured, Markle won’t have to be making a last-minute trip to Kleinfeld Bridal anytime soon (though I would pay any amount of money to see that episode of Say Yes to the Dress). There’s been plenty of speculation as to who the designer will be, what it will look like and how much it will cost, but chances are we’re going to have to wait until the big day to see the wonderful bride-to-be’s selection.

The Guest List:

It has been confirmed that over 2,000 guests have been invited to the wedding. But, no official public listing of who received an invite has been published by Kensington Palace, which means everything you read is pretty much up for speculation. Elle posted rumors that (arguably just as royal) couple Victoria and David Beckham are on the list alongside U.K. treasures the Spice Girls. And while you can find tons of fun, dreamy ideas of who will be bridesmaids and who will perform, these details remain a secret!

The Food and Venue:

Perhaps the only definitive detail we have (and if we’re being totally honest, the most important part) is about the cake! Kensington Palace has released that it will be a “lemon elderflower cake” decorated to fit the springtime season of the wedding. Cute!!! Chef Claire Ptak, a California native like the bride-to-be herself, will be making the concoction. According to British royal wedding tradition, it’s common to serve fruit cake at weddings, but this seems like a lovely and delicious modern spin to have taken.

We can also be certain of the location: the beautiful and traditional St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. While the venue may seem a bit expected of a royal couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have already broken so many old-fashioned expectations. Their wedding will be a symbolic moment in history, and it promises to bring in a new era with style.

Her Campus at Florida State University.