All the Feels for Shondaland Thursday

Shonda Rhimes: a screenwriter, producer and director that ruins the hearts and minds of many. This beautiful woman is the creative mind behind three of the most mind blowing shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder! How many of you read her name and instantly got chills? I know for me when I hear someone utter her name, I immediately want to curl into fetal position, but also bake her a cake at the same time. No matter how much Shonda destroys us mentally and emotionally, we all know how loyal we will stay to her and all that she graces television with.

To the Collegiettes that are devoted Shondaland followers, TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday) is back starting September 24th! This means that all our favorite ABC shows have returned to our lives and all is right with the world again. Whether you sit in front of the TV for three hours or simply follow one show, the feels are the same: we laugh, we cry and sometimes even scream. Now, for those that have not yet fallen into the trap that is Shondaland, and I say ‘yet’ because it happens to us all at some point in time, if you’ve ever wanted to experience all the emotions possible for one to have in three hours then I think all things Shonda Rhimes just may be for you!

Courtesy: Giphy

Whether you binge watched the shows all summer or have been there from the beginning, to be without your weekly dose of the trifecta was simply torturous.

Courtesy: Popsugar

But now it is time to bring on the feels for the new seasons!

Courtesy: Tumblr

Before all else, just knowing this is going to be the final season of Grey’s Anatomy, we all can’t help but feel like our world is ending.

Courtesy: Tumblr

And when asked “How do you feel about the end of Grey’s?” we can only respond with the three words that mean the opposite of the truth.

Courtesy: Tumblr

If you’re like me, Shondaland Thursdays are a weekly holiday in your household! Like most holidays, there is one thing that is essential for the night.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

When you’re more of an Olivia Pope, there’s only one option to bring to this soirée

Courtesy: Tumblr

But for the Meredith Greys, there is something entirely different.

Courtesy: Tumblr

Grab your drink of choice and even some tissues because one mustn’t forget the recurring torture of your favorite characters being killed off.

And while this happens in what feels like every other episode we are all thinking the same thing…

Courtesy: Tumblr

Shonda being the goddess she is also delivers a healthy amount of feminism and each time it’s flawless…

Courtesy: Giphy

Every time a female character takes a stand and shuts down the misogynistic views of the world, we have an overwhelming feeling of “Hey, women are badass.”

Courtesy: Giphy

And with that being said, nothing like an Olivia Pope strut that exudes pride is more appropriate.

Courtesy: Giphy

But, if there was ever such a thing as lawyer goals, without a doubt we’d call Annalise Keating.

Courtesy: Giphy

You can’t help but feel the need to take notes when Annalise delivers real world knowledge in the classroom.

Courtesy: Giphy

And the chills you get from watching her in the courtroom are almost always a given.

Courtesy: Giphy

Moral of the story: Shondaland Thursdays are back and I can’t help but rejoice!

Courtesy: Tumblr

Between putting a strong African American woman as the lead role in two shows and the feminism presented in all three shows, the love for Shonda Rhimes is eternal. She’s not afraid to confront society with real issues and for that, the admiration I have for her is forever. I will always stand behind her shows and recommend them to everyone I know!

Tune in Thursday at 8 p.m. on ABC!

I am currently a junior at Florida State University, studying Editing, Writing and Media. I have a passion for fashion and I love all things pop culture. After graduating I hope to pursue a career in journalism as for now I am simply trying to balance: school, work, having a social life and when I can sleep! I'm taking each day as it comes, and enjoying this journey that is life.
Her Campus at Florida State University.