If you’ve been paying any attention to the runways, magazines, or even local street style lately, there’s a trend that has been sweeping all three — monochrome. While recent collections from DKNY and Moschino  brought us solid reds, many designers such as Yohji Yamamoto, Alexander Wang, and Saint Laurent are presenting black on black looks.

Using clothes from my closet, below are some all black everything outfits I’ve put together to offer collegiettes some inspiration for rocking witchy styles of their very own.

Coat: Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker; tights, boots, and oversized shirts: Target; beanie: hand knit

Shirt: Target; necklace and velvet maxi skirt: thrifted; boots: Ariat

Shirt: Target; sweater and necklace: thrifted; faux leather shorts: Forever 21; tights: Express; shoes: Ross

Sweater: Target; velvet skater skirt: thrifted; thigh-high socks: Amazon; boots: Ariat

Black is timeless and chic, so cast away those fears of looking goth (unless that’s what you’re going for of course) and wear your black pieces together with confidence!

Lauren Valentine is a writer and editor for Her Campus FSU as well as a senior at Florida State University majoring in English: Editing, Writing, and Media and minoring in Film Studies and Art History. Her future goals are to work within the film industry, write for a television comedy series, and to be a published poet and illustrator. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.