Alejandro Acosta: Ambitious Politician

Name: Alejandro Acosta

Year: Junior

Hometown: Bogota, Colombia

Relationship Status: Single

Major: International Affairs and Economics

Her Campus (HC): What are you involved in on FSU’s campus?

Alejandro Acosta (AA): My current involvement on campus is with SGA (Student Government Association). I am a Student Body Senator for the College of Social Sciences and I am also the Chair of the Judiciary Committee. In the past I have served as the Political Action Chair of HLSU (The Hispanic/Latino Union), and the Treasurer of the Colombian Student Association. I am also an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity.

HC: What ignited your passion for politics?

AA: My passion for politics is an extension of my desire to give a voice to those whom I feel are being underrepresented. Whether that be students on campus, or fellow Latinos in the United States, they all deserve to have their issues and concerns heard. My passion is rooted in the pursuit of helping them solve their problems and get their needs met.

HC: What are your thoughts on the upcoming SGA elections?

AA: I am happy to see so many students getting involved with SGA this semester. I am personally a part of the Ignite party, a group of student leaders that I believe have and will continue to make sure the Student Body’s voice is heard at FSU. I am honored to currently be running for one of the Social Science Senate seats.

HC: Out of all the places you have visited, which one is your favorite and why?

AA: I would have to say Madrid in Spain, Spanish food for days!!! The food mixed with a wealth of history and culture really made me fall in love with Madrid. Also mass transportation works like a dream, so that was a major plus.

HC: Who is your role model, and why?

AA: My recently deceased Grandfather would have to be my biggest role model. He started his life in the rural countryside of Colombia and through hard work and dedication became a Colonel in the Colombian Army. He instilled a great sense of duty and service in me and that inspiration reminds me every day that you can always change the path that you are on.

HC: What has been the craziest thing you’ve done?

AA: GI went to Rome by myself and I got lost without knowing a word of Italian.

HC: If you were to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

AA: I would probably say passionate. I tend to invest myself whole-heartedly into the people in my life and the things I wish to achieve.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not busy?

AA: Netflix is always bae but I also like to workout and chill with my friends.

HC: What is the most important thing in your life?

AA: The people I love and care about are the most important things in my life. There would be no point in succeeding if I had no one to share it with.

HC: What do you hope to take with you once you graduate FSU?

AA: I will take memories from the best years of my life, the skills and tools to succeed in this world, and as many things I can get my hands on that are garnet and gold.

Her Campus at Florida State University.