A College Student’s Survival Guide: Amazon Prime Student

As a college student myself, I have found different ways to make my experience easier and less stressful, especially during the pandemic. Whether I need to buy household essentials or watch a movie for my film class, Amazon Prime Student has been my lifesaver. Amazon Prime Student offers deals from office supplies, home products, electronics and even medicine! 

Not only do students get six months free and fast delivery, but Amazon gives students early access to deals from technology to fashion. With Prime Student, students also get access to products from the Amazon warehouse, which includes discounts on quality used, pre-owned or open box products. Another splendid feature of Amazon Student Prime is Amazon photos. It’s a very unique feature that allows for ultimate storage so that your college memories have a safe place to be stored. Some other great deals that students should take advantage of include discounts on Grubhub+ Student, Kindle Unlimited and even Course Hero! Here are some of my favorite features about Amazon Prime Student. 

Entertainment

The great thing about being a college student in 2022 is how modern and advanced our classes are in terms of content. Whether it is a psychology class or an art course, many professors will find a way to incorporate media into the lesson. That is where Prime Video comes into play. It’s included with the Amazon Prime Student subscription, and it not only includes Amazon originals but also different TV shows, movies and even sports. Prime Video has saved my life so many times before. I’m enrolled in a film class and the Canvas link to the movie would not load, but luckily, I was able to head on over to Amazon Video and watch the movie at no cost, without worrying about being behind in the course.

Delivery

Where do I even begin to explain why fast delivery is so great? Amazon Prime Student offers options, including two-day, one-day, same-day and even two-hour delivery! You can order your groceries through Amazon Fresh—even from Whole Foods Market—while you’re on campus or commuting back to your apartment. Amazon Fresh offers  delivery and pickup options as well. Within two hours, your groceries will be at your door. Making sure to stay healthy in college can be difficult because most times we choose convenience. However, ordering groceries online is effortless, and assures that we have healthy and enjoyable options available.

If you live in a dorm, or somewhere where your packages are not delivered right to your door but rather a post office, Amazon Day Delivery is your new best friend. You can order different things throughout the week, and when you choose FREE Amazon Day Delivery, you will receive your items in one day. You won’t have to go to the campus post office or Amazon store and stand in line each day when you can be doing something else with your free time! In just a few hours or only a couple of days, your package will be delivered to your door. No more wasting precious study time, or, more importantly, sleep time, to rush to the store to try and get something.

Fashion Deals

As a college student who enjoys going out and expressing myself through my style, Amazon has made it very easy and affordable to keep up with my desire to buy clothes that fit my personality. As I mentioned before, I did not have a car my first year in college, so going to the mall was not always an option. Amazon already has very budget-friendly choices when it comes to clothes, but students get exclusive discounts!

I tried Amazon Fashion for the first time when I bought an outfit for my birthday and the number of compliments I got not only boosted my confidence, but also my trust in the quality of items I found on Amazon Prime. Since then, I have taken advantage of the Prime Student deals when it comes to my clothes. As soon as the weather started to cool down, I found amazing deals on leggings for under $20 and some staple winter essentials all for around $10 to $20. College already brings a lot of monetary-related issues and stress, so Amazon Fashion deals make shopping a painless and pleasant experience.

Daily Deals

Personally, if I don’t need something right away but I still want it, I tend to keep my eye out to see if I can either find a dupe or wait for a deal. Prime Student already does that for me. Not only do you get early access to deals, but there are a variety of new deals every day ranging from speakers, video games and books. This comes in handy when you need to buy things in bulk, such as face masks, or when a new book series that everyone is raving about on social media is discounted.

I recommend checking the “Today’s Deals” section whenever you find yourself running low on your daily products because you’d be surprised as to how much you can save, and once again, how incredibly convenient it is! Amazon is also always one step ahead of us by having an “upcoming” filter on the deal section. If you find something interesting or even something you want to gift to someone, you can check prior to purchasing it for full price and click the “watch this deal” tab to find out exactly when the item will be discounted.

There is truly something for everyone with the Amazon Prime Student subscription. Not having to stress about delivery, cost or accessibility lets you focus on the things that matter the most in your college experience.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

I am a Media Communication Studies major ('23) also pursuing a minor in Editing, Writing, and Media. I was born in Argentina and lived in Mexico before moving to the U.S. so culture is a big interest of mine. Social media is one of my passions and I hope to be involved professionally one day.