9 Life Lessons Brooke Davis From “One Tree Hill” Taught Us

“If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever.”

Ah, just one of the many inspiring quotes from one of One Tree Hill’s infamous leading ladies, Brooke Davis. Honestly, if there was any fictional character that we wanted to be – other than Blair Waldorf, of course – it would have to be B. Davis. Beauty, brains, you name it; she’s got it all. Despite her complicated past, Brooke had one of the biggest character developments on the show, overcoming everything life threw at her. And unlike many characters that we usually see in typical teen dramas, she always kept it real, making it so easy for us to relate to her. From Tree Hill’s most popular girl in high school to becoming CEO of her own company, she is, as Lucas Scott once described her, “…Fiercely independent. Brilliant and beautiful and brave.” Brooke radiated confidence wherever she went, knew her worth and wouldn’t let anyone, especially a boy, get in the way of what she wanted. So, why wouldn’t you want to be Brooke Davis?

Although she was a fictional character, fans everywhere appreciated how she changed their world without even knowing it. But for those who haven’t seen One Tree Hill, you better get to binge-watching quick or hope that the series will end up on Hulu because starting Oct. 1, all nine seasons of OTH will be leaving Netflix for good. No, we’re not crying – you are. So, before the online streaming service leaves us with broken hearts forever, here are some life lessons we can all learn from Queen B herself for whenever you find yourself wondering, “What would Brooke Davis do?”

1. Boys don’t define you or your happiness.

Sorry Lucas Scott, but you didn’t deserve B. Davis.

Courtesy: Her Campus

2. Clothes over bros.

The go-to motto, always.   

Courtesy: Bustle

3. Boys can be so dumb.

Enough said.

Courtesy: Tumblr

4. It’s okay to let loose every once in a while.

Even if that means we have to swing back an entire bottle of wine.

Courtesy: Bustle

5.  0 is NOT a size.

If there’s anything we loved more about Brooke it was how she was not about the body-shamers. It’s our bodies and we’ll do what we want with them, right?

Courtesy: Odyssey

6. People are always going to label you.

But it’s up to you to overcome them and prove the haters wrong. #hatersgonnahate

Courtesy: Tumblr

7. “(Don’t You) Forget About Me” is still one of the best songs to date.

From “The Breakfast Club” to today, this song never gets old.  

Courtesy: Tumblr

8. It’s okay to put yourself first sometimes.

Self-respect goes a long way.  

Courtesy: Wiffle Gif

9. Never, ever apologize for who you are.

Know your worth because just like Brooke, you’re one in a million.

Courtesy: Odyssey

Thanks for everything B. Davis. #TeamBrooke forever.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Her Campus at Florida State University.