8 Tips For Living Life to the Fullest

Here we are: Twenty, Flirty, and Thriving. We are at the prime years of our lives where nothing feels impossible. We don’t have to worry about osteoporosis or paying the house mortgage. Still, the time spent during these years set the foundation for who we will become.

Allow me to give you some tips on important things to remember while at our prime!

1.      Make new friends, but still maintain your old ones. Cultivating old friendships is extremely important. If you’re a person who is really involved with on or off-campus happenings, you know that constantly meeting new people is common and are conscious that time is supremely scarce. Creating new friendships is fabulous, but be sure to make time to call your old friends. These are the people who know and understand you best.

2.      Your spirituality: don’t ignore it. When most people begin their college lives, they take that opportunity to start off fresh, explore, and leave some things behind. For some, spirituality becomes an uncertain matter that is stored in a dark corner of our mind’s closet. We become stronger and healthier when our soul is fed. Don’t ignore this need; take a moment to rekindle or explore new ways to find your center.

3.      Don’t let technology overwhelm your time. Sure, it’s easy to get caught up in tweeting, commenting, pinning, stumbling, blogging, but what about living? Think about how much time you are investing in the virtual world versus the real world. It’s important to set time apart for only your loved ones without interruptions.

4.      Voice your ideas! Whether you’re at job, in class, with a group of friends, in the fitting room, don’t be scared to let your thoughts be heard. Especially in college (the time when people are paid to care about what we think), talking and debating about things that you find interesting can help you grow and develop personally and intellectually.

5.      Let go of grudges. Being resentful towards that girl who called you out in front of class will solve absolutely nothing! Storing grudges and anger within you reaps no benefits and fuels bitterness and negativity. Don’t live your prime years dragging nasty baggage. Let it go.

6.      Wear Sunscreen! This one is a given. Or is it? Don’t trade in your SPF 50 for European Gold tanning oil. Your skin and health will thank you for it later.

7.      Control your finances. Loans and credit cards can become nightmares for college students. Yes, it is crucial for your adult life to build credit, but make sure you are doing this responsibly. Don’t let your money control you!

8.      “Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.” Dating during our twenties allows us to test the waters and explore the great enigma which is guys. Investing your feelings in others, and vice versa, can be a risky experience. Make sure to be mindful of other’s emotions, and walk away from those who are harming yours.

Credits:

Quote- http://thinkexist.com/quotation/don-t_be_reckless_with_other_people-s_hearts-don/8628.html

Picture- http://blog.smartpress.com/artist-spotlight-lena-smirnova

Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."
My name is Mary Love and I'm a Senior and double major in English and Hotel Management at Florida State University.  I am more commonly found writing fiction pieces, and editing everything I can.  Her Campus is my first venture into published nonfiction and women's magazines.  I think Her Campus is a great resource for women who are both smart and feminine.  If you would like to contact me for an interview or to answer a Zodiac Question as Madame Mary, please email marylove@hercampus.com.