8 Things You Must Do This Fall

Fall has officially arrived, and although the weather in Tallahassee may still seem like it’s the middle of July, that “fall feeling” is in the air, and we couldn’t be more excited. There’s so much to look forward to in the season of football, cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice everything. We plan on fully embracing the season changing, and you should too! Here are 8 things we’re determined to do this fall.      

1. Visit a pumpkin patch.

A pumpkin patch offers everything that makes us think of fall. We don’t know about you, but we think there’s something so fun about searching for that perfect pumpkin. Make a day out of it, and invite your friends for a girls’ trip. Don’t forget to take your camera – there will be plenty of photo opportunities! Tip: Try The Pumpkin Patch at Tallahassee Heights.

2. Go to a football game.

This should go without question – but it’s too important not to include! Embrace the Florida State football season, and cheer on your ‘Noles at Doak Campbell Stadium! Even if you’re not a big football fan, this is a fall must (tailgating included).

3. Find the perfect Halloween costume.

Pull out all the stops when it comes to putting together your Halloween costume this year. Get creative and plan a costume with a friend or a group. Whether you decide to go the DIY route or buy yours from a local store, we recommend planning early. 

4. Make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Pumpkin with chocolate is quite possibly my favorite fall flavor combo. If you’re like us, you’ll love these cookies too! They’re great for those nights when you just want to stay in, or surprise your friends with a special fall treat. You could even whip up a batch of these for your whole dorm room floor. We promise they’ll be thanking you. Click here for a great recipe. 

[ pagebreak ]

5. Decorate your apartment/dorm rooms with lots of pumpkins and orange.

What better way to get excited for fall than to give your apartment or dorm room a fall makeover? Place mini pumpkins and fall-scented candles around the room for an easy fix. If you’re feeling extra creative, make a pumpkin or leaf garland that will last you until Thanksgiving!

6. Host a pumpkin carving party.

This goes along with #1. After you pick out your perfect pumpkin, host a pumpkin carving party! Set out pumpkin carving kits and painting sets so that your guests have plenty of options. This is best to be done a day or two before Halloween. Make it BYOP {bring your own pumpkin}.

7. Visit a haunted house.

Calling all you brave Collegiette’s out there! There is a local haunted house in Tallahassee that’s supposed to be spook-tacular. We have to admit we’re a little scared ourselves, but we told ourselves we’d try this one out this fall. On that night you’re looking for some frightening fun, check out North Florida’s premier haunted attraction, Terror of Tallahassee, at 826 W. Gaines Street.

8. Try out seasonal brews.

For those of you of age, try changing it up from your normal pumpkin spice latte routine to pumpkin spice ales instead. Fall means fresh ingredients – and that should go for your beer, too. From Oktoberfest beers to lagers, Tallahassee’s Proof Brewing Company has everything you need to indulge in seasonal brews this fall.

Kayla is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Business and Hospitality Management. Apart from taking courses and writing for Her Campus, Kayla enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and discovering the best places around town. She hopes to work in the Hospitality PR industry after she graduates in May.   
Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!