8 Things Every College-Aged Woman Should Have

We all get to that point in college where you either feel a little lost and swallowed up by the noise, or as though you are not progressing at the rate you should be, or just completely overwhelmed at where you are in life. I have compiled a list of things (no matter how subtle they may seem) that truly make me feel like I have my life together. Whether you are looking to enhance your college experience, or just to give yourself a little #SelfCare, this list can give you some guidance during these formative years of your life!

1. A Planner:

There is something so satisfying about having all your plans laid out in front of you. It feels so professional when you pencil in a meeting, and filling out my planner makes me feel like I have control of my life. If you aren’t the type of person who needs an in-depth weekly layout, you could always try to get a monthly calendar, or even try a day by day to-do list! Trust me, organization is the key to stop forgetting all those pesky midnight due dates!​

Courtesy: Pinterest

2. Business Savvy Clothes:

Yes, I know booty shorts and self-cut tube tops are perfect for all your drunken game days, and yoga pants and messy buns are extremely convenient for morning classes, but you also need to start expanding your wardrobe with potential job opportunities in mind. Go out and buy one or two professional outfits that you could wear to an internship or a job interview. That way, when the time comes you will be ready!

Courtesy: Extra Petite

3. An Up to Date Resume:

This one goes hand and hand with the previous point. Always be prepared with a resume that has all your previous and current experiences on it! Bonus points for having a prepared elevator speech when spur of the moment opportunities fall in your lap.

4. A Productive Way to Deal With Stress:

This can be anything, really. Yoga or any form of exercise, writing out your emotions, spending time with friends, etc. You just need to find what works best for you.

5. Pepper Spray:

This might seem a little obvious, and I am sure a lot of you already have some good ol’ pepper spray, but you can never be too careful walking around campus at night.

6. A Matching Underwear Set:

I personally think every woman should splurge on at least one matching bra and panty set. A set that makes you feel spectacular – something that will boost your confidence the second you put it on! It doesn’t have to be for anyone else but yourself.

Courtesy: Instagram @ Loungeunderwear

7. A Skincare Routine That Works For Your Skin:

We all want glowing and spotless skin. While that is rarely achievable for anyone (except maybe celebrities who spend hundreds of dollars on their skin for one facial) it is important to find out what works and what does not work for your skin. Play around with a routine until you find one that fits your skin type. It will work wonders for your self-confidence!

8. A College Bucket List:

Finally, I think it’s important to map out what you would like to accomplish and experience during your time in college. It can be as simple as attending a party at the PIKE frat house, or as involved as scoring the perfect internship. Whatever your expectations are for college, it will truly feel wonderful once you check off your accomplished dreams.

Even if you have all these things, the most important one is the confidence that you can accomplish your goals! We all move through life at a different pace, but remember- you are here! You made it to college, and you WILL make it through!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Rebecca is a junior at FSU majoring in creative writing. She enjoys reading novels until midnight (okay, maybe 2:00 AM), binge-watching shows on Netflix, and hiking in the mountains of North Carolina.
Her Campus at Florida State University.