8 of the Hottest Looks that Rocked the NYFW Spring 2017 Runway

New York Fashion Week (NYFW) is an exciting time for all couture connoisseurs. Beautiful textiles flow down runways as the newest collections are released. The Spring 2017 show just wrapped up on Thursday leaving a western, 80s vibe. Stripes, cinched waists and drapery were all over the catwalk this season. As years go on, designers become more daring and not a fashion week goes by without leaving bloggers scratching their heads at some of the looks. Here are NYFW Spring 2017’s most Avant-guard looks.

Gypsy Sport

Courtesy: Vogue

Statue of Liberty chic! This flowing purple smock is paired with comfy slippers and a head piece that will not only turn heads but maybe stab them if you’re not careful.

Thom Browne

Courtesy: Vogue

This disco ball dog hat will be the newest trend! Take it back to the 70s with this sequined one shoulder (another huge trend) gown.

Yeezy

Courtesy: Vogue

Standing outside in the scorching sun was worth passing out over. Can you imagine all of the compliments you get as you walk down the street in yet another Yeezy nude leotard? One word: revolutionary.

Libertine

Courtesy: Vogue

Strut through the streets looking like you’re a part of them. This graphic pattern rain coat pops against the graphic pattern skirt while also contrasting the graphic pattern leggings. #BilboardStatus.

Jeremy Scott

Courtesy: Vogue

Keeping up with the Jetsons just got better. This mod dress can’t get more futuristic than the flying saucer skirt and asymmetrical bob.

Miu Miu

Courtesy: Vogue

The obsession with comfort continues. Activewear is out, sleepwear is in. All ages can rock this look; do you hear that grandma?

Hood by Air

Courtesy: Yahoo

Four feet is the new two feet! Western influences were all over Hood by Air this season. These models were lathered up for the show, leaving them looking glossy as they stomped down the stage.

Marc Jacobs

Courtesy: Vogue

Those cotton-candy dreads are so mystical! A little gothic, a little whimsical – Marc Jacobs sent out a plethora of embellished pieces that sparkled with every move.

Spring 2017 left nothing to the imagination, which is how fashion folks like it. Don’t be sad that it’s over, get excited over these revolutionary looks that will make you the trendiest collegiette in your accounting class! People may not understand the artistry in that ill-fitting coat or that asymmetric eyeliner look, but no need to worry, they just don’t understand the true artistry that is fashion.

Hey my name is Taylor! In my free time I like reading/watching videos about anything beauty related. I have way more lipstick than a girl could ever need, but I will probably buy more. I'm a documentary addict and love learning about new things.
Her Campus at Florida State University.