Culture > News

8 Celebrities Who Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus

Think you’re immune to coronavirus? Think again. These celebrities have tested positive for COVID-19

Colton Underwood

The 28-year-old Bachelor star tested positive a few weeks ago. Underwood said, “there was no special treatment in testing.” He told People Magazine, “I’m doing OK, but it’s still hard to breathe. I feel like I only have access to about 20 percent of my lungs,” Underwood continued to post on social media platforms such as Instagram urging his fans to stay home and stay healthy. You can find his original post here

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

The famous actor said he tested positive while in Australia. He also said that his wife, Rita Wilson also tested positive. Hanks said in an interview, “Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers, too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the coronavirus, and were found to be positive.” Hanks was one of the first celebrities to test positive. Hopefully, this served as a wake-up call for Americans. You can read more about Hanks here

Andy Cohen

“After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus,” he wrote in his caption. “As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we’re putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better. I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves.”

Prince Charles 

On March 25 Princes Charles of Wales tested positive for the virus. The statement said that he showed mild symptoms and that the 71-year-old is self-isolating in Scotland. His wife tested negative for the virus. 

Rudy Gobert 

Gobert was one of the first NBA players to test positive for the virus. Before his diagnosis, Gobert jokingly touched a bunch of microphones during a press conference. He later shared an emotional post on Instagram apologizing for his actions. 

“At the time, I had no idea I was even infected. I was careless and make no excuse. I hope my story serves as a warning and causes everyone to take this seriously. I will do whatever I can to support using my experience as a way to educate others and prevent the spread of this virus.”

Kevin Durant 

Yet another NBA star that tested positive for the virus. Durant said in an interview, “Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine, we’re going to get through this.” He is one of four net players who have tested positive, according to the New York Times.

Harvey Weinstein 

Weinstein was apparently infected while in prison, according to the New York Times. Weinstein was convinced in February of rape. He is currently being held in Wende Correction Facility in New York. 

Rand Paul 

On March 22 the US Senator from Kentucky revealed that he has been infected. His office tweeted

“He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.” 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Sarah is a Sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a degree in Advertising and Hospitality. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and taking pictures.
Her Campus at Florida State University.