From hydrating skincare to smellin’ good, I’ve got you guys covered with the basic essentials you’ll need to survive the impending hot and humid Florida weather. And the best part? All of these products are under $15, so you’ll have plenty of room in your wallet to pick up that adorable spring dress you’ve been eyeing.

1. Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes – $6, Target stores

Regardless of the weather outside, hydrating and cleansing your skin is vital. We can, however, buy our beauty products to compliment the seasons. These coconut water wipes are extremely refreshing and their smell is reminiscent of the beach. Not only are they hydrating and refreshing, but they’ll also remove all of the makeup from your face, leaving your pores happy and empty.

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with sunscreen SPF 15 – $10, Drugstores

Moisturizing is the key to radiant and healthy-looking skin, especially when it comes to potential wrinkles, and nobody wants those when they’re older. To adjust for the weather, pick up an oil-free moisturizer with SPF in it to keep your face from getting burnt. It also works great under makeup, and won’t sweat off of your face.

3. Olay Fresh Effects {Bright on Schedule!} Eye Awakening Cream – $13, Drugstores

I know, we’re young and we don’t really have wrinkles under our eyes yet (thank the heavens), but that doesn’t mean we can’t get a head start. Plus, this works great for reducing puffiness in the morning, and being college students (A.K.A. night owls), it couldn’t hurt for us to incorporate this step into our morning routines. The cool rollerball tip is an instant perk-up on those mornings you’re feeling extra sleepy.

4. LUSH Cosmetics Grease Lightning – $14, Lushusa.com

In case you’ve never heard of LUSH, they are basically what I like to call a hygienic heaven. From facemasks to solid shampoos, LUSH has every fresh handmade cosmetic you could think of. They use all natural ingredients, and one of my favorite holy grail products from there is their tea tree oil acne spot treatment. If you’re like me, and always have a few blemishes pop up here and there in the spring and summer, you’ll need to pick this up. Simply dab a little bit directly on the spot before bed, and the redness and puffiness will almost completely disappear by the morning.

5. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Ultra Hydrating Lotion – $7, Drugstores

For all of you sun bunnies out there, this lotion will be your most repurchased beauty product these next few months, guaranteed. It smells amazingly fruity and moisturizes your skin with a nice cooling sensation, perfect for after you’ve been out in the sun all day. The lotion contains swirls of aloe vera that will take care of any potential burns. You can take a shower that night and it won’t feel like you’re toasting in an oven. (I’ve totally been there one too many times…) 

6. Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer – $6 each, Drugstores

This product will be your go-to lotion when you’re in a rush to get out the door. It’s a spray lotion, the first of its kind. It’s also non-greasy, so you can put your clothes on seconds after application. Try the “Total Moisture,” “Aloe Fresh,” or “Cocoa Radiant” to suit your everyday needs. 

7. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs – $12, Drugstores

For all of my pale friends out there, this product will give your legs an unbelievably natural instant tan and glow. This line has a wide range of colors, so you can match your skin tone to your preferred bronzing level. Application is easy—just evenly spray your legs over a towel and in seconds you will see a beautiful glow. Fun fact: my mom is guilty of repurchasing this product, and mom always knows best, right?

8. Victoria’s Secret Pink Body Spray Minis – $8, Victoriassecret.com

Smelling good is probably important to everyone, so a light and fresh body spray is essential. My advice is to buy a few mini sprays, that way you can throw one in your bag when you’re going to be out all day and have a selection of scents to switch off on. Victoria’s Secret Pink usually releases new scents for spring and summer in travel size bottles, so be sure to check those out if you’re in need of some flirty scents. 

Alexa is in her junior year here at FSU as an Editing, Writing, and Media major with a Communications minor. She found solace in writing as a form of self-expression and aspires to pursue a career involving media in a journalistic setting. She takes pride in her studies and works hard for her grades. When she has free time, you’ll find her hoarding makeup and handbags, online shopping, on YouTube, or listening to Adam Levine’s angelic voice. She has a fascination with Ernest Hemingway, and hopes to read all of his work someday. She is excited to be working on Her Campus this year as a staff writer, as well as run the Her Campus Facebook page. Come like HC FSU on Facebook to get quick updates on articles that get published to the site.You can also find her on twitter @alexa_please and on Instagram @alexaplease! =)
Her Campus at Florida State University.