Style

8 Affordable Accessories to Make You Look More Sophisticated

You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars just to have a striking wardrobe. All fashion icons’ most secret weapon is creativity, not money. I have to say that some high-end fashion pieces are worth the price, but before you buy that expensive stuff, be sure to stack up your closet with these eight affordable, yet classy accessories that will level up your style. It will all be worth it, I promise!

1. Silk(y) Scarves

Sateen scarves can have the same effect as pure silk, but without costing you an arm and a leg. Commonly associated with Hermès, scarves look great around your neck or hair, or even pinned to the strap of your favorite handbag. You will look as if you were a regular at the Ritz-Carlton.

Snake Print Scarf (Mango $19), Flecked Mini Slik Scarf (Urban Outfitters $14), Lana Silk Scarf (Urban Outfitters $14)

2. Rings

Even though they are small, rings are a great add-on to level up your outfit. Stacking jewelry is one of the latest and easiest trends to follow this season. By simply accessorizing your hand, rings will take your style game to the next level.

Simone Delicate Ring Set (Urban Outfitters $20), Curve Ring Pack (ASOS $13), Moon + Stone Ring Pack (Urban Outfitters $30)

3. Mini Bags

Whether it’s for a casual jean-based outfit or for a formal date night, the fancy finishing touch added to any and every look is a top-handle bag. Louis Vuitton kind of started this mini-trend a few seasons ago, but there is no need to spend a four-digit number on this accessory in order to make your look appear more expensive.

Snakeskin Effect Bag (Mango $24), Woven Crossbody Box Bag (ZARA $49), Champagne Cross Body Bag (Topshop $48)

4. Pearl Drop Earrings

Pearls were, are and will always be one of the classiest accessories. However, it is a piece one should be really careful about how to wear. A string of pearls can sometimes look stuffy and cheap. Therefore, the perfect in between are drop earrings. Worn with the appropriate outfit, no one will know these beauties aren’t freshwater.

Faux Chunky Pearl Earrings (Pixie Market $18), Ring Pearl Drop Earrings (Pixie Market $18), Baroque Pearl Hoop Drop Earrings (Pixie Market $15)

5. Wrist Watch

One of the accessories that have probably changed the most throughout time is watches. Their main purpose decades ago was solely to keep track of the time; however, it now has become an essential fashion accessory. A cool-looking wrist watch can give you an impressive and classy look, especially when matched with the right outfit.  

Missguided Watch (ASOS $34), Casio 1 BER Mini (ASOS $56), Design Leather Watch (ASOS $40)

6. Cat-eye sunglasses

Sunglasses don’t need to be expensive to look fashionable; they just have to suit the shape of your face and you will be good to go. Cat-eye sunglasses are a common dominator amongst sunglasses, so the odds of you looking astonishing is 10/10. Besides, nothing will make you look more like an uptown girl than a pair of cat-eye sunglasses.

Lynx White (Lulus $10), Matt Red (ASOS $16), Wicked Wanda (Lulus $19)

7. Chokers

Chokers will spice up your look and make you look confident and a little bit sassy while keeping that fancy side of yours. They are still on-trend, regardless of what some people may say, and they have the power to elevate your style and make you look expensive and classy. There are loads of different kinds so the choice you make should be based on your personal style.

Francesca’s $18), Silver Chain Choker (Brandy Melville $12), Shelly Linked-Choker (Francesca’s $18)

8. Hair Slides

You certainly don’t have to spend hours on your hair to make it look incredible; just slide one – or five – of these hair clips into your tresses, and your hair will look as if you were just leaving the salon. 

Free People $16), DesignB London Hair Clip (ASOS $9), BFF Slide Set (Free People $18)

Peruvian and with 18 years old, she is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Communication and minoring in Recreation and Events. She loves everything related to fashion and photography; and after graduation she aspires to put her skills and attitudes to work at a major fashion publication. Follow her on Instagram @valeeriva.
Her Campus at Florida State University.