yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 Back-to-School Essentials You NEED to Survive Fall Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

It can be pretty rough getting back into the groove once you arrive back on campus for the fall semester. Between normalizing your class schedule, becoming reacquainted with your extracurricular activities, and cheering it out in Doak at every single home football game (go Noles) it’s understandable if you find yourself feeling unprepared. Luckily, Her Campus is here to provide you with all the essentials a gal could need for getting back to school and navigating the chaotic life of a collegiette.

1. Erin Condren

As you probably already realize, the life of a college student is no stroll down Legacy Walk. With that being said, it’s essential to have the perfect planner to keep you on track! The Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner is that planner. With its new smooth, satin-finish cover and trademark layout, it achieves the goal of both style and organization. Even better, this version is the smallest sized planner yet! Throw it in your backpack or slip it in your purse on the go. Check out ErinCondren.com to customize your very own 18-month planner and use HERCAMPUS15 for 15% off your purchase!

2. Bed Head

Let’s face it, we all have had late night study sessions and early 8 a.m. classes that may have led to more than a few missed hair washes. No need to fret though, Bed Head has got you covered. Next time you find yourself rolling out of bed with yesterday’s stale hair, call in Bed Head by TIGI Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo for backup; it’ll soak up all of that excess oil while scenting your luscious locks with a pleasant fragrance. If you’re still looking for more, another option is Bed Head by TIGI Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo. This product works effortlessly to give your hair voluminous body while relieving it of yesterday’s oil.

For those long days spent sweating in the stadium’s bleachers under the sun’s relentless influence, make sure to give your curls a spray of Bed Head by TIGI Hard Head Hairspray or Bed Head by TIGI Masterpiece Shine Hairspray. Hard Head Hairspray resists the unavoidable humidity, while the latter dries instantly and conditions as it holds your hair in place with a subtle shine. 

3. L’Oréal Paris Sublime

Now, it’s completely understandable that not all of us have ample time to lounge on Landis Green to achieve our desired glowing tans. Don’t sweat it because L’Oréal understands your struggle. Next time you find your legs looking a little too pale for your game day attire, use L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes or L’Oréal Paris Sublime Pro Perfect Salon Airbrush Mist. Toss the towelettes in your gym bag for a touch-up and use the airbrush mist to get all of those hard to reach places. Your tan will be developed and glistening in just 2–4 short hours!

4. Freeman Beauty

As a busy collegiette, it can be easy to forget to take care of yourself. For a quick rejuvenation session, you can use one of the Freeman Feeling Beautiful face masks. Choose between the Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay mask, the Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil mask + Cleanser, and the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud mask and indulge yourself for ten minutes at max. These masks are a quick and simple means of repairing and nourishing your skin. 

5. Hi-Chew Candy

Calling all collegiettes with a sweet tooth: Hi-Chew Candy is the snack for you! Hi-Chew is a candy with authentic fruit flavorings and a chewy texture. The candy comes in a myriad of flavors including strawberry, mango, grape, banana, cherry, kiwi, and green apple. They’re cholesterol and gluten free, they have 0g trans-fat, they contain absolutely no artificial coloring, they’re created with real fruit juices, AND they’re small enough to throw in your purse for a snack on the go. 

6. Steripod

Most college students don’t get many weekends off, but when you do get the chance to hit the road, you simply must have the Steripod handy. The Steripod creates a safe and sterilized bubble that covers your toothbrush so you never have to doubt how clean your toothbrush is ever again. Keep your toothbrush fresh and clean in your suitcase with the Steripod — it’s ready for every adventure! #thepodlife

7. Aeropostale

With the fall temperatures steadily dropping, it’s becoming about the time to put away your cutoffs and spaghetti straps. Yes, that’s right, bring out the denim. This fall season you can find all of the most versatile denim pieces at Aeropostale. If you’re more into the cute but comfy trend, try a pair of Aeropostale’s best-selling Seriously Stretchy Denim Styles. Of course, Aeropostale has also brought quite the assortment of accessories to the table that will give your look a little extra (pumpkin) spice!

*All images courtesy of Tawnie Simpson.

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.